MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

fork seals

fork seals  - Forums [Biker Match] fork seals  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

fork seals

any 1 recomend a good repair shop near or in wolverhampton where i could see an get my forkseals repired on a suzi gsx

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 12/01/2013 19:45  

you could do em yaself trucker?? buy orf ebay adn do with a mate who knows what doin if you dont? i did me bandit ones with mate... tis easy if you got somwhere to hoist bike up or bike stand etc ??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2013 20:49  

suzi i right. Get 'double lip' or 'leakproof' and a workshop manual, haynes will do. And do it with a mate. Is a relatively easy job, but you will need to lift the front wheel off the floor, either a stand or jack/block off wood under the engine but make sure it is stable. Read the insyructions in the book before hand, research on t'internet and print anything useful then go for it. You will get a huge amount of satisfaction (smugness) from doing it yerself and save a load of cash. You would be surprised at what you can do at home with a few tools, a book and a bit of confidence. I do not let anyone touch the xj except the guy who does my tyres and it is now coming up to 100k and still going strong. (had 27k when i bought it two years ago.)

Update Reply
xj @ 13/01/2013 10:29  

Fork seals are relativly easy to change, You could try Probike they are in Bilston. http://probikecentre.co.uk/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/01/2013 12:04  

Seals are very easy to change on RWU forks, but on USD forks, special tools are required. You can buy the tools on ebay, or if youre into making your own, its not too difficult.

Update Reply
GS1085 @ 13/01/2013 18:37  

ok thanks all most greatful

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 14/01/2013 20:19  

just drain the oil.....they dnt leak anymore!!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 17/01/2013 13:48  

A very helpful suggestion Andy But in answer to your question Trucker Changing fork seals is not "major surgery" Well within the capabilities of any biker who can read There are lots of videos on the "net" which "show" you how And I'm sure there are BM'ers near to you who would help if you got really stuck

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/01/2013 14:03  

only issue really is undoing the damper rod bolt,an air gun makes it soo easy. Otherwise just smelly job! Oh take great care putting the new seals in..and dnt damage the seal holders prising emm out....use tape to protect new seals too.and make sure the correct leg goes back in the correct side of the yokes! dnt pull the brake lever while the discs not in place!!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 18/01/2013 01:54  

magnum motorcycles , chapelash wolvo , just round the corner from H.D shop.

Update Reply
dougie @ 18/01/2013 09:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email