MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

10 Best Bikes for Shorter Riders

10 Best Bikes for Shorter Riders - Forums [Biker Match] 10 Best Bikes for Shorter Riders - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

10 Best Bikes for Shorter Riders

Folow the link http://www.visordown.com/features/10-best-motorcycles-f...22057.html

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/01/2013 08:57  

Nice one Sandi

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 12/01/2013 09:23  

Y W HG x

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/01/2013 09:26  

HG read the comments as well, there are some other suggestions made there that didn't get in the 10 Best list.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/01/2013 09:37  

Had a sit on the new Suzuki Inazuma at the Manchester Bike Show and at 5ft 2 found I was standing on tip toes as the seat is quite wide. Did try and ask if it could be reduced in height and if so to what, but apparently Suzuki didn't want to, nor feel the need to employ anyone for the show who knew anything about this new model !!!! Way to go to sell a product!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 14/01/2013 13:36  

I'm not sure about some of those.
Victory Hammer, nice but a bit heavy won't you say.Lot of 250's, possibly a bit under powered for doing any real distance.
NC30 (and the rest of the 400 crowd), nice but getting on a bit with all the associated maintenance issues.
It's more interesting what isn't on the list. For example:
Yamaha XJ6 Diversion (the new 'un).BMW 650 (the single, they go mega low with a lowering kit).Yamaha Virago 535.Honda CBF600 / 1000. A good lowering kit is available.KTM Adventurer. OK not really, just put that in to see if anyone has read this far.
SWIMBO reckoned the R1 was a good girls bike back when they first came out. Nice and light you see. Although as she repeatedly had to point out she didn't know what it was like on the back cos she couldn't reach the bars from there

Apparently the back wheel did 37 miles of the TT, and the front somewhat less.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/01/2013 19:37  

Steve H - Love it!

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 15/01/2013 19:48  

as Steve says, interesting what they left out.... Guzzi V7, Ducati Monster, Suzuki Gladius etc etc... especially the last 2 as width is as important as the height (oo-er!!) the following website is useful if you want to 'virtually' try out how a bike might fit http://cycle-ergo.com/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2013 05:17  

SWIMBO reckoned the R1 was a good girls bike back when they first came out. Nice and light you see. Although as she repeatedly had to point out she didn't know what it was like on the back cos she couldn't reach the bars from there Who is SWIMBO? Rowan a good point made about the WIDTH of a bike seat, I never thoguht about that aspect, I concentrated on the HEIGHT of a seat

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/01/2013 09:13  

Hey Neil - that link is fantastic!!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 16/01/2013 09:39  

yep I like that website too.. no substitute for actually sitting on something but good for giving people an idea of riding positions on different types of bike...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2013 13:34  

SWIMBO - She Who Must be Obeyed

I live under the iron thumb of female oppression is a state of abject terror.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/01/2013 19:41  

Having great fun playing with that site Neil

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 16/01/2013 23:01  

LMFAO
RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 17/01/2013 09:32  

LOL @ Steve, what's the I for? Instantly? Should be SWMBO not SWIMBO

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/01/2013 10:03  

That's a very handy website Neil Steve Does she make you feel like Rumpole ? Sandi, it wouldn't sound right without the "I" But you're probably right with the "Instant"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/01/2013 14:13  

Yeah brill site Neil ... me havin fun with it And of course no one has mentioned that Harley's are brill for shorter riders ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2013 15:16  

got to say that as a short person out of that list of 11 best bikes for women OMG theres only one i would be seen dead riding and thats the ninja.although for me would be just physically too small.when it comes to riding bikes from experience of over 30yrs having the confidence in yourself is the main thing.my zzr1100 is like the exon valdes but i have buckets of guts and confidence with my riding.if you have the guts you can ride just about anything.and just cos your a woman doesnt mean you have to ride some daft pants cruiser.it makes my blood boil when these stupid magazines go on about best womens bikes!!!!!!!!!!! its cr*p im sorry but women can ride what the hell they want.my list of bikes include zzr1400,gpz750turbo,gsx1100 katana amd more than a couple of zzr1100,s.so my message for women out there is f**k the people who say you have to ride a girls bike RIDE WHAT THE HELL YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE RIDING!!!!! and if thats a hyper speed wagon so be it,if its a paris dakar type good on yah.RANT OVER!!!!!!!!! sorry just get really peed off with this womens bikes s**t

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/02/2013 05:35  

As a very short rider coming to all of this later in life, can I say it's great to see such a supportive and tolerant post in the thread

Good for you zzbabe42, but I don't think this thread was really aimed at you was it...you've clearly cracked it and that's brilliant & you can ride anything you want to. But it isn't always that easy for everyone

And after all there are short....and very short riders and the issues are really quite different for very short riders. I've sat on quite a few of these bikes over the last few months & it's ONLY cruisers that I can reach the ground with one foot let alone two....and after all we have to start somewhere gaining confidence and feeling comfortable, don't we?

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 15/02/2013 20:05  

my whole point is that im not dissing anyone!!!!!!! my whole point is that if your comfortable on a bike and you have the confidence you can ride anything.what i am saying is there is no such thing as a womens bike anyone can ride what they want IF and i say IF they have the confidence to do it.yes i am very lucky been riding since 8yrs old !!!!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 17/02/2013 19:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email