MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Advice needed.

Advice needed. - Forums [Biker Match] Advice needed. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Advice needed.

Hi, I bought my gixer back in July. I paid more than I should have done but I love the bike and bought it with several mods and trick bits. I bought it on the understanding that would be supplied with all the standard parts which the dealer still has, and therein lies the problem. 7 months later I am still waiting for the parts. I've phoned him several times and called in to see him when I was in the area. I'm pretty sure that he still has the parts and hasn't sold them on but I get the impression that he's just too lazy to get them out and sort out getting them to me. I'm not sure what I can do to mobilise him in to action. Does anyone have any good advice as to how I can put a rocket up him? Thanks in anticipation, Suzanne.

Update Reply
Suzi5551 @ 02/01/2013 16:36  

Do you have anything in "writing" ? It's not essential but could prove useful if you decide to take the case to the "Small Claims" court service On a more practical note, maybe you could call in on the dealer with a "friend" with a car or van That way you could force his hand to get the parts out and take them away with you Other than that course of action, the only thing I can suggest is constant "pestering" which might just make him get his act together just to get you off his back Best of luck Suzanne, keep us posted with your progress

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/01/2013 17:03  

Thanks Emzed. I don't have anything in writing unfortunately. I have considered small claims but not sure how I would work out the cost of the missing bits. I did consider taking someone with me to growl at him but unfortunately he's not on my doorstep so it's a bit much to ask someone to go all the way down there. Besides, I'm not sure that I know anybody fierce enough . I'm not convinced that pestering is going to galvanise him into action because I think it all just goes over his head but I'll give it a try.

Update Reply
Suzi5551 @ 02/01/2013 17:07  

Might be worth, if you know anyone who knows a bit about the "legal stuff", to do a letter for you stating if he doesn't send the stuff or have it ready for colleciton you will take him to small claims. This sometimes works. If you don't know anyone, try your local CAB office they may be able to help in some way. RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 02/01/2013 17:19  

Suzanne, it's not about ferocity or intimidation It's about "authority" and honoring a promise You would be entitled to claim for the cost of ALL the parts he said you could have (at secondhand prices) plus all "out of pocket" expenses like phone calls and fuel costs for personal visits Tell him you'll be sending him a bill for your expenses and compensation for parts not supplied as per the original agreement I think daily phone calls will get him motivated just to keep you quiet ( try using someone else's phone too, in case he has caller display or blocks your number ) I do hope you get an early resolution

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/01/2013 17:25  

were is the shop you bough it from Suzanne, if its in Hull i might be able to help, otherwise some one who lives were they are might know the shop and be able to go in and gee them up a bit for you

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 02/01/2013 17:30  

Thank you RB and Emzed. I think I need to try and be a little more assertive myself. I'm not keen on confrontation which doesn't help. I'll try calling him a few more times and then think I may have to resort to some sort of legal advice.

Update Reply
Suzi5551 @ 02/01/2013 17:30  

Suzanne if you haven't already done so you need to write to him.
The letter need to include all the relevant details:
when you bought the bike and what was agreed at the time, (check to see what's on the bill of sale).when you chased him and his responses (if you have dates and times all the better).what you would like him to do.State that you will need a reply from him within 14 days and then send it recorded delivery.
And of course keep a copy yourself.
If you get no response within 14 days I would be straight onto the CAB and they will be able to advise you on the process for a small claims action.

If the items not supplied have a legal consequence, e.g illegal pipe that could fail an MOT, you may also have him for selling an un-roadworthy bike. Although as you have been using it for 7 months that might be a bit tenuous.

Try to resist the temptation to throw bricks through his windows as this will only give momentary satisfaction and is is unlikely to resolve the matter.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/01/2013 19:13  

Thanks Steve, that sounds like a good idea. I don't have dates and times of when I've chased him unfortunately. Don't worry, I have no intention of throwing bricks.

Update Reply
Suzi5551 @ 02/01/2013 20:01  

You could also post something on line about his lack of help,does shop have a web site

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2013 14:02  

As Steve H says about throwing a brick though his window never works. Throw him though the window it may just get his attention

Update Reply
JP @ 04/01/2013 14:56  

There is a website Bob but it's a pretty basic one. Thanks JP

Update Reply
Suzi5551 @ 04/01/2013 20:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email