MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Oops!!

Oops!! - Forums [Biker Match] Oops!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Oops!!

Bet the interview he had back at the cop shop was a painful one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PAFtLtOX7k&feature=share

Update Reply
Wills @ 17/12/2012 23:32  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PAFtLtOX7k&feature=share

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/12/2012 23:49  

That looked quite a high bump, the other bikes seem to lift a bit when they went over it. I think he was probably very embarrassed by the whole thing, especially as he didn't let go of the bars til he had no choice. I expect he won't be allowed to forget it in a hurry, he will have the rise taken out of him by his co-workers for months to come, I bet.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/12/2012 23:54  

welcome to gravelrash.com

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/12/2012 01:08  

Just makes you think how safe are speed humps for parramidics on bikes who are trying to get to a job as well as aviod all the idiots who dont know how to react when thay see and hear them coming

Update Reply
JP @ 18/12/2012 16:41  

How do you hear a speed hump coming? I like winding up jp...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/12/2012 17:12  

XK I would've thought you'd have learned by now that winding JP up is futile What I've NOT worked out yet About this vid (watched several times too) Is how the hell he got it up on the FRONT wheel

Update Reply
Emzed @ 18/12/2012 17:22  

Aah, takes practice...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/12/2012 17:28  

Maybe he pulled the front brake on at the last second Em,just as he hit the bump, when he realised that it was pretty high!!

In any case.....OUCH!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/12/2012 17:52  

After meny years off road riding when you hit a big bump the front come up and compresses leaves the ground and fully extends. All the wight is now on the back wheel as that hit's the bump you have very little shock absorbtion left in the back and front is still fully extended in the air so the bike go skyward back wheel 1st

Update Reply
JP @ 18/12/2012 18:13  

I'll think you'll find watching that in slo mo. The front end hits the bump, depresses the front forks so much the cop leans forward so much as well that the weight transfer causes the back end to be very light. As the back wheel hits the bump it just bounces so much and flips the bike over. Night night copper, lol.

But if that's a speed bump, I'm a China man. I'd not want to drive my car over that at any speed.

Update Reply
esspique @ 18/12/2012 18:14  

And it normaly always end up as he demonstrated

Update Reply
JP @ 18/12/2012 18:16  

Welcome to the new Mod 1 test.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 18/12/2012 18:42  

LOL @ Raggy's comment

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/12/2012 05:22  

Cheers JP Just re-enforces my belief that 2 wheels are for tarmac Anything else requires 3

Update Reply
Emzed @ 19/12/2012 08:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email