MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

COD2......Call Of Duty 2

COD2......Call Of Duty 2 - Forums [Biker Match] COD2......Call Of Duty 2 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

COD2......Call Of Duty 2

Got up this morning to my youngest saying/asking the following.........mom you know it's my birthday on the 21st...........my reply yes son..........well please please can I have my present early.....can I have COD2 it comes out today.....mom please ...........This is a soon to be 6year old asking for a cert 18 game.........I know the guide is there for a reason but ive monitored my sons playing previous COD.Ive sat down explained all about wars meaning of them etc....... as you see a lot of it on the news about our men/women fighting for our country,they know it is a game they are playing but do also understand real fighting goes off in the world we live in. What are your personal thoughts with kids and gaming and educating them on the world we live in today?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2012 16:36  

My son has been playing these sorts of games since he was about 11 and it hasnt made him violent in any way at all. He knows its not real. Itchy and Scratchy on the Simpsons is probably more graphic than some of these games!!!!!

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 13/11/2012 18:21  

Seems to me it's the teens that seem to get the 'copy' bug..The younger end seem to enjoy the action, noise, feel of power even but at the end of the day it's a game...Just monitor it and don't let a game take over his social skills..

Update Reply
old red @ 13/11/2012 20:12  

I agree with old red... just monitor them well. My boy has just been accepted onto the computer graphics and games design course he wanted to do at college and I'm really pleased for him so that's a positive outcome of his gaming years! Oh yes, he's 16 and still plays games such as Pokemon as well as COD too.....!

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 13/11/2012 21:24  

Cheers for replies.........it's seems to of brought my 3 sons closer together as it's pulled them together in winning matches by watching each others back even all thier mates join together for private war games and chat........I monitor them closely as in same room as them.........sends me dizzy with screen spinning here there every where they even said for me to have a go join in

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/11/2012 18:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email