MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Biker banned after 120mph YouTube film

Biker banned after 120mph YouTube film - Forums [Biker Match] Biker banned after 120mph YouTube film - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Biker banned after 120mph YouTube film

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-20033421

A lot of the north-west BM folk will know the roads mentioned. Single-carriageway and often a bit twisty - even thinking about 120mph on those roads makes me a bit weak at the knees!

Tried looking for the video on YouTube, but no luck.

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/10/2012 00:21  

Yes chances are you are going to meet that moron with your family in the car .............................................

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/10/2012 02:29  

Unfortunately these clowns are all too common I suspect that the video may have been removed on the advice of his solicitor Posting these antics on "youtube" only serves to encourage others to emulate them Which also serves to re-enforce the public's "stereotypical" image Of bikers, who have scant regard for their own safety At the expense of other "law abiding" motorists

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/10/2012 02:55  

Moving this to the Motorcycle News forum, from the General forum

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/10/2012 08:21  

Even the persecution said that at no time did he ride in a manner dangerous to other road users and that he slowed down for every bend. Not that it excuses his speed but I think it does show that he wasn't a complete numpty .

Update Reply
Gloom @ 23/10/2012 16:07  

Unfortunatly i haven't seen the video so can't see the speeds he was doing round the bends but would be surprised if he was going round them at anywhere close to legal speeds. IMO if you have only just passed your test and you thick enough to film yourself doing stupid stuff like this. Then you deserve what coming to you. there's too many inexperienced riders out there on large powerfull bikes going out on a weekend and not going home again. As my mom says "if you play with feathers you'll get your arse tickled" And yes he is absolutly a numpty.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 23/10/2012 17:50  

The link to the vid if you want to see it. http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2012/1...-32080759/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2012 19:12  

To be fair, compared to some its quite tame. he was coming from bala only a small amount was on the A5 looks like he was heading from corwen up to ponderosa.
Still think he's a numpty tho considering it was in north wales.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 23/10/2012 19:51  

Yes, that's the road mentioned in the BBC rport. From seeing the video now, well, I've seen worse and he seems to have had at least some sense of self-preservation. Still makes my blood run cold, and how he'd have handled Dai the Tractor emerging from a concealed entrance I just don't know.
Still a numpty!

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/10/2012 20:27  

Is that it !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2012 21:33  

well the vid. does't look that bad to me

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/10/2012 08:30  

I think it a well selected part to just show the slower part of the ride to gain surport for him. But as said if you post it on you tube you are asking for trouble. the chicken run was posted on you tube and the 1st few seconds showed 6 bike and a van going though a red light when i posted saying thats why I stay away becuse of the way thay ride and post it on you tube asking for trouble I got slaged off for not surporting them and giving negative coments.

Update Reply
JP @ 24/10/2012 08:47  

Riding shown on video doesn't seem too bad really.
Still,if he hadn't stuck it on Youtube he would probably still have his license,so he brought it on himself methinks.North Wales probably not the best place to do this,knowing what the local police are like....

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 24/10/2012 15:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email