MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Aprilia Pegaso Strada probs

Aprilia Pegaso Strada probs (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Aprilia Pegaso Strada probs (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Aprilia Pegaso Strada probs

My ex had one and he did fit a power commander, it made the ride smoother but he never had the problem of it cutting out. I think when I googled the aprilia forums, they suggested the power commander wasnt the answer

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 28/10/2012 16:14  

hi if you have still had no luck try the side stand cut off switch..... yeah i know u think im crazy but check it, i had the early pegaso and it did the same thing when u stamp down a gear because the stand cut off switch is right behind the gear lever and when u stamp it vibrates the switch and like any italian elecrics dont last long covered in british crud!
really hope its the answer for u too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/11/2012 20:44  

Ok thanks Matt, I know that switch has been mentioned before but nobody actually said they have cured the probem with it, you are the first, so I will defo try that out

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 09/11/2012 22:25  

i removed it completly and hard wired it back to itself,the bike will carry on running with the stand down however no more problem.
please check that(maybe tighten your stand a little) that the stand wont drop under aggressive riding as i really would not like you to have an accident following my advice

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/11/2012 08:30  

No Matt, no worries, I will check it all out, thanks

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 10/11/2012 09:17  

What about shorting out the neutral switch on the gearbox, theres an interlock somewhere on the machine which links the clutch lever, side stand and neutral. Its probably not any of the three, but the electronics it connects to. It will mean you could potentially start it up in gear but it may be worth it to narrow down the problem. You could do all three (one by one).

Update Reply
mike99 @ 11/11/2012 00:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email