MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Back on a bike - hurrah

Back on a bike - hurrah - Forums [Biker Match] Back on a bike - hurrah - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Back on a bike - hurrah

As some of you may know I had a major off last August in France and spend time in ICU over there then many months in the Royal Berkshire recovering from the many major injuries... bah... :o( Lost heart for quite a while ( even I have only so many smiles and so much enthusiasm hehe) so havent been around :o( But am pleased to say that after 13 months and a bit and quite a few ops, I've healed enough to get back on the zzr I bought 3 weeks after coming out of hospital. Riding short local journeys atm (H's cafe, Loomies, Bracknell Bike Night) and am feeling happier everytime (glad I dropped to a zzr600 from the 1100 for now). Injuries, metalwork, breaks etc still trouble me but have been told by the surgeon in London I dont need another leg op (even though its not working quite right yet). A happy puppy am I. Now to find a lady who digs scars ;-)

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 16/10/2012 13:44  

well done you! nothing wrong with a few battle scars.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 16/10/2012 13:47  

Battle scars you say?, hmmm think I've got 2 world wars and a couple of rugby world cups worth haha

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 16/10/2012 14:20  

are yeah but they all add "character" :)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 16/10/2012 15:09  

well done mate, it is always good cheer to hear when someone can get back on the bikes for a ride...... I know from previous offs and other silly smack ups how your mind plays on the road hazards, the cars and little old ladies with their dogs on extending leads..............Thoose things should be band! I have still to cross that bridge so to speak, possibly need to convert Triumph to hydraulic clutch.. Anyway good on yer mate..

Update Reply
markiexs @ 16/10/2012 16:37  

Welcome back

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 16/10/2012 18:15  

thats excellent news hun take it steady and it will all come right.good to see you back

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 16/10/2012 18:46  

Fantastic news I'm so pleased for you mate Good to hear you're taking it steady for a while You are a credit to yourself and bikers everywhere My heartiest good wishes for your continued progress

Update Reply
Emzed @ 16/10/2012 19:05  

So glad you are a 'happy puppy' again, good luck with the rest of your life.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/10/2012 20:53  

good on you zzr, it aint easy getting back on a bike after a bad off, I know that from experience. Enjoy and take care. xx

Update Reply
drobess @ 16/10/2012 21:00  

Total respect to you, well done.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 16/10/2012 23:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email