MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Bennets Insurance Warning !!

Bennets Insurance Warning !! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Bennets Insurance Warning !! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Bennets Insurance Warning !!

may i add i insured my bike with bike sure an as its a part of adrian flux i found they offered me a better deal than most as its my first bike insurance

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 03/11/2012 18:08  

Last year had multi-bike policy with Churchill for VFR,SP1,CB1300,for £296 fully comp,sold CB for ZZR1400. Bennetts quote for this year was £1860 inc 9rs+ NCB. Carol Nash started at £1300 got them down to £600,inc pillion. Shop around and haggle them to death.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/11/2012 22:38  

current insurance was about £395 for Pan and K75 together for courier and social in IG5 post code but i am old lol. all insurance companies are dubios as far as i'm concerned, renewal for car was £511 rang company who does my bikes crazy they wanted £900 odd tpft or £800 odd fully comp eh??? But more than wanted £290 odd through compare the meerkat go figure.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/11/2012 22:13  

I'm insured with Benetts and not had a problem. Renewal earlier this year came in at £8.00 more than the previous year which is hardly worth worrying about when it's only £86 for the year anyway. They do make it clear that if you change anything between renewals there's a £25 admin fee, although I can't see how they can legally enforce it if you tell them to forget about the change you enquired about. On that score I'd tell them to take me to court for it. I'll have to enquire with my mate who's a superviser with Budget who own Bennets - they're in the same building, and see what he has to say about it.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 11/12/2012 03:59  

I'm with Footman James, my CB750 is fully comp got break down cover with it too, when I added my little CB250RS they said £13 to add it, but £36 admin charge, (was still far cheaper than anyone elses separate quotes though and I have all the benefits of the bigger bikes policy)

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 29/12/2012 00:50  

Admin charges seem to be the norm these days. Never approach them asking them to do it, just ask how much you would save if you were to do x, also to do it in an email. That way you have written record rather than no proof of what was said in a phone conversation. should they do something stupid like bennets have done, you just take them to the small claims court and claim back all your costs in doing so (they won't like that one bit and it might help put and end to this bollocks!).

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2012 05:44  

I just paid £197 for my Pan with Equity Red Star through Devitt's fully comp with no NCB as it's my first bike for 26 years....is that good?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2013 12:22  

YES! Devitts are good to insure through - i used them after my bike was stolen they wanted 445 that year for my zx9r Bennetts wanted 550 for exactly the same policy with Highway! fkn robbers!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 21/01/2013 00:32  

I've switched to Swinton this year after a cock-up at Bennetts (long story, ask me over a beer one day).
They're charging £146 TPFT for the VFR and the R1100 on the one policy with Aviva.
Interestingly the invoice from Swinton goes into a bit of detail. The basic price from Aviva is £116, and Swinton's fee is £30. I've no problem with that, they've obviously got to get their cut.
But even more interesting is Aviva's breakdown. To insuring the R1100 £7.50. To insuring the VFR £108.50.
So does that mean if I got rid of the VFR I could insure the BMW for buttons? I fear not

Update Reply
Wills @ 21/01/2013 10:20  

all insurance companys should be under one logo , the logo of dick turpin, gggrrr

Update Reply
dougie @ 21/01/2013 12:08  

At least Dick Turpin had the good grace To wear a mask & carry a gun

Update Reply
Emzed @ 21/01/2013 13:43  

im currently insured with Adelaide....they also accept modifications to your bike without bumping up the price. also blagged them to waive the admin charge when i moved house!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 21/01/2013 20:08  

also blagged them to waive the admin charge when i moved house! Was this a retrospective post,or r u holdin summat back?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2013 20:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email