MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Bennets Insurance Warning !!

Bennets Insurance Warning !! - Forums [Biker Match] Bennets Insurance Warning !! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Bennets Insurance Warning !!

This a Warning to All! About a month ago I contacted Bennetts Insurance and asked to remove my X11 ( Naked Blackbird )off my policy and leave my Street Triple on Thus reducing the Risk to Bennetts. The Lady at the other end of the phone said i would have to pay a £25 pound admin charge, I said you are joking i have just reduced the risk to your company and you want to charge me? Right i said leave it as it is do not change anything. No she said you have told me now so you will have to pay admin charge.&^%~~## At this point the phone call ended, a week later i recieved an Invoice for £25 pounds. This week I recieved a letter from CRS a debt collecting agency acting for Bennetts. THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS BENNETTS ARE W#####s Also they cancelled my Policy with my Street Triple and asked for £50 more to Renew approx £190 I Have Gone To Asda and Have Quote For £105. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2012 20:25  

Ooops have just insured my bike through Bennets.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2012 20:55  

Hi D.O.A

I had a run in with Bennetts few years ago and got charge the same plus told if i did not pay then debt collecting agency would be calling on me.

I paid the charge, but told them to remove all my details from there data base. As i will be voting with my pocket and not have any dealings with Bennetts again.

Update Reply
PaulXXX @ 10/10/2012 21:05  

Yup Bennets have a bad reputation customer services are a joke and usually hike the premium on auto renewal unless you threaten to walk with my feet.......

I will usually do an online quote with a different name or a slightly different house number just to check the quote first then phone em up and argue why my quote is cheaper than my renewal notice.....you nearly always get it for the online quote price..... But yes vote with your wallet is the best policy if they piss you off and make sure you send them feed back to why you are going elsewhere or half the gesture is wasted...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2012 22:26  

I've heard the same stories about Bennett myself, yet I switched to them at the start if this year because they were quoting HALF the figure from eBike. The policy is due for renewal in Jan - let's see what happens.

Update Reply
Wills @ 10/10/2012 22:35  

I think £25 may be the standard admin fee that all insurance companies charge. When I had my very first insurance policy I opted to pay in instalments and was told there'd be an admin charge of £25, just to have my payments transferred from my bank account to theirs, so I said no way, I'll pay in one lump.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/10/2012 22:47  

I always found Carole Nash to be good though that seemed to drop when they got bought out.I'm with Footman James and find them very reasonable,I do run a classic bike policy though,£140 a year agreed value,unlimited mileage,free green card,european recovery etc,cheap for a central Leeds postcode,my £850 car costs £1500 to insure with full no claims!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 10/10/2012 23:00  

I used asda this year, best quote by far. Left bennetts years ago for hiking my premium. I have found it better to change insurer every year and not go with auto renew.

Update Reply
xj @ 11/10/2012 11:26  

Bennetts have just sent me a letter which says that after 8 years of renewing my insurance with them they can't get me a quote. 30 years of biking 53 year old and a bog standard fjr1300. looks like i'm gonna spend all my holibobs next week looking for insurance or move to another area. wots it come to.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 11/10/2012 18:02  

Its just get worse every year. My Harley Ins covers me for up to 4 bikes at no extra cost thats good so I can put fireblade r1 gixer zx10r anything like that but can I put my Honda XR400R on it NO ? its a high risk ? can you imagine me on a sports bike now that would be a high risk to everyone lol

Update Reply
JP @ 11/10/2012 18:23  

I use ebike insurance they do a mutli bike policy for up to 4 bikes

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 11/10/2012 18:47  

As Thick as thieves the lot of em

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2012 20:33  

In my opinion the reason for the big price rises in the last year or so is so that more people can't afford a one off payment for their policies. meaning they have to pay for it on the knock. getting back handers from credit companies.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 11/10/2012 20:40  

As well as car hire firms , windscreen companies , alarm manufactures..............

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2012 21:53  

JP + sportsbike????

You fall off at 3 mph.......nuf said

Update Reply
forever red @ 11/10/2012 22:52  

LOL @ Red I agree with F T re: 'thick as thieves'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/10/2012 08:02  

LoL @ JP .......... Sportsbike?

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 13/10/2012 22:13  

are thieves thick as in stupid then? or thick as in lots of em all together so thick that way like thick gravy thick??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/10/2012 15:06  

Nice one Suzi........someone else who makes gravy just like mine

Don't know where the lumps would figure in there though!!!

Update Reply
forever red @ 14/10/2012 22:23  

Don't know where the lumps would figure in there though!!! Zits, if they're young uns? Suzi, I think it means thick as in many of them, tho the other may be true also. I make gravy thick too

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/10/2012 01:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email