MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Tiger 885, 96model), tank leaking.

Tiger 885, 96model), tank leaking. - Forums [Biker Match] Tiger 885, 96model), tank leaking. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Tiger 885, 96model), tank leaking.

Arite ppl. I need yer help here, my tumphy has sprouted a leak. Tiger 96 model 885 carb. Garage was honking and fumes all the way up to me flat 3 storeys up, oooops! Neighbours are very tollerable but understandably i little "freaked out". Anyone know where i can either purchase one second hand or repair this one. Looks like it's coming from behind one of the faring fasteners on left side. Was this a problem in the past with this model? Otherwise she a little stonker, and i love er to me bits Any help appreciated, much thanks. Jim

Update Reply
JimmyJ @ 03/10/2012 15:57  

I would get tank off first before thinking about replacing it. chances are its a pipe thats leaking.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 03/10/2012 18:05  

have taken off left panel attached and have what must be a hairline crack around fixing, allan bolt wet with juice, second fixing down on front of tank. Whoever had the bike before, on of two, must have tried to wrench tank off without taking out top two fixings either side, how could they miss that? So tank has been repaired before and not to the best of standards, by looking, not leaking from their repair but jeez, a lot of "stuff" covering them two holes. and now this one below has developed a ever so slight crack, a leak no less. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Update Reply
JimmyJ @ 03/10/2012 18:45  

You could try Cheshire Motorcycle Salvage
Unit 2 Pool Street, Macclesfield SK11 7NX
01625 502 372

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 03/10/2012 18:59  

they are lovely bikes, enjoyed both of mine..

normal cause of leaks in the places you described is someone overtightening the allen screws.. normally the captive nuts become uncaptive and spin or in extream cases chew up the tank... probably can be repaired using JB Weld or similar... panels for these are getting a bit thin on the ground now...

worth havign a look on the Tiger forum..

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index

hope that link works.. have a look in the 'steamer' section.. its mainly an american site but lots of good info and helpful people...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2012 19:09  

thanks guys much appreciated, will go check em out.

Update Reply
JimmyJ @ 03/10/2012 19:11  

great help guys, thank you again. Tiger forum

Update Reply
JimmyJ @ 03/10/2012 20:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email