MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Biker found in ditch after 3 days

Biker found in ditch after 3 days   - Forums [Biker Match] Biker found in ditch after 3 days   - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Biker found in ditch after 3 days

How can this happen in 2012 FFS !! http://www.talktalk.co.uk/news/uk/article/missing-motor...tch/61869/

Update Reply
Emzed @ 18/09/2012 17:29  

...major search operation... So why did it take 3 days to find him?!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2012 17:46  

You'll find that they don't uprate a missing person report until 24 hrsafter it's reported, so she missed him for a day, then reported, 24hrs later it's then a Missing Person & the search starts, then a day to find him...3 days....

Could have been delayed by the fact that they didn't know exactly where to start looking.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2012 18:49  

In other words, sod the reports, go look for yourself... ... prob wud hav found the guy within hours, not days!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2012 18:53  

It really isn't that easy to find a missing person if you have no idea where to start looking. Even if you had several helicopters with thermal imaging equipment you still need to search a grid pattern and it helps if you have a general idea of the area to search rather than 'somewhere in Britain'. Three days is good going - discounting the usual 24 hours before a person actually is filed as missing.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2012 23:58  

surely if he didnt turn up for work there was a pretty good idea of where to look........ home....... work ?? well anyhow hopefully he makes a full recovery and i also would have thought his girlfriend would have gone out and done every route he could possibly have taken to work looking for him.... but maybe she did and at least he is alive.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2012 11:46  

Trouble is xSuzix the roads and grass verges are in such a bad state of repair you can lose a bike and biker in the grass if it bounced over the start of the verge so not showing any disturbed area.

Update Reply
JP @ 21/10/2012 08:57  

yeah very true jp... at least he found now

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2012 16:43  

I went to a job where a bike had collided with a car. When I got back to the hospital on a different job the biker had come round but no one had spoken to him. I popped in to say hi and he asked how his girlfriend was. After asking a few more questions we found out that his girlfriend was riding pillion. She was found unconscious in someone’s garden.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> It can so easily happen. <o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Phil @ 22/10/2012 20:21  

i know i should't laugh at this but it did make me smile Phil when i read your post, found in someones garden, was she ok then?

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 21/11/2012 15:12  

This happened to some friends of mine on their way to work. A car on the wrong side of the road wiped them off their bike, Pete was lay in the road unconscious while Helen had been thrown over a hedge into a field,
It was Pete,s parents when arriving at hospital ask how Helen was, the police found Helen but she had died at the scene of the accident in the field.

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 11/02/2013 11:00  

The worst thing is that if you know the rider has a mobile phone, it is possible to have his / her location triangulated within 500 mtr in the countryside .. all that the Police need to do is to ask his Carrier to run the trace against his mobile phone.

if the phone is switched on and operational, then you can triangulate his position via three Cell Towers... it's all do'able in this day and age.

None of this is rocket science anymore.

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 13/02/2013 18:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email