MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

gloves?

gloves? - Forums [Biker Match] gloves? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

gloves?

In the market for a pair of new summer gloves, my fingers are showing through my old SP1's lol .... Any ideas what to go for?

Update Reply
Valhalla_Rising @ 10/09/2012 21:59  

Ones with fingers in? soz, I couldn't resist

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/09/2012 22:01  

I'm using a pair of Furygans, short cuff, lightweight, ventilated, supple and with knuckle guards, I like them better than the BMW GS gloves I'd been using for 4 years. Don't know model name.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 11/09/2012 00:37  

I broguht a pair of bufflo summer gloves off ebay for naff all this year thought they would only last a few months but they have been great the ventalation is great and yet you still get good protection. . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buffalo-Racetex-2-Leather-Tex...2c604e04d9

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 11/09/2012 23:26  

Whilst we are on the subject of gloves Check out this item on eBay, Item number: 220863598981 Just put the "number" in the search box I bought a pair a few weeks back at £10.39 and thought they were a bargain They are now reduced to £7.79 So I've ordered another pair They are available in all sizes from XS to XL The quality is very good in my opinion, especially for the price No armour on them but that isn't everyones 1st priority But good warm comfortable gloves are always welcome on a bike

Update Reply
Emzed @ 13/09/2012 16:06  

need new gloves too thinking of get too pars difret colors so i can were one of each

Update Reply
kaycat @ 09/11/2012 10:15  

Bleddy Nutta! lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/11/2012 11:00  

KC why dont you just buy 4 odd coloured gloves then switch them around randomly in the dark so it'll be a surprise as to the colour you have on when the light is turned on ??? or should i eat less blue smarties ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 09/11/2012 19:12  

maybe kay should eat fewer blue smarties :)

Update Reply
xj @ 09/11/2012 19:58  

lol.... funny though doesnt help my quest for the perfect gloves... The search continues I guess ;)

Update Reply
Valhalla_Rising @ 10/11/2012 01:41  

nutter mmmm gilty as charged

VFR800AJ....... top idear ill try that (bet i get 2 left gloves blue smartes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

xj no i like blue enything me (hope your felling better xj hugs x

Valhalla_Rising.... it like looking for the holy grail ..thay dont exist ....till you find them ...then bingo hugs x
ill but out now so you can get on with your quest Camelot supports you

were are thou s blue smartes

Update Reply
kaycat @ 10/11/2012 08:41  

I bought some gloves from NEC show some years ago and still wearing 'em even though thumb is now disintegrating...love em. But only happened on them by chance....right place right time Hoping they might have some this year too

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 10/11/2012 09:11  

if you are buying new gloves get the Weise ones that have the Knox palm pads in, they save you from breaking shoulders and wrist if you have an off, not cheep but well worth the money, please check them out befor you buy any others

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/11/2012 10:34  

Will do BB cheers fella.

Update Reply
Valhalla_Rising @ 10/11/2012 12:53  

have to agree Kay - i had a pair i loved and they got knicked, not yet found another pair i love and feel godo to wear..... everytiem im anywhere sells gloves i try em on just incase i find a good pair again.. then if find pair fit good look on tinterweb see if can get cheaper or just buy em when you find em ..... it is indeedo like searching for the holy grail when you got little female hands as most are mens in shops also or ladies are all too thin coz are made for pilly grrr good luck

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/11/2012 13:01  

What suits is indeed only known until you try them on. Though my original question is regarding certain makes of gloves. That folks may of bought that were of good qauility and gave longevity that they can recomend. As some well known brands may not be as good as they hype may suggest... I've tried many so called high end gloves in shops and thought the grade of leather to be rubbish. I did find a company selling my beloved Alpinestars Sp1's and I bought them. Though they did not turn up in the post and the company claimed there were delivered but could not prove it. So only just got my money refunded. Think I will trawl the net once again and find a stockest that might still have new old stock.

Update Reply
Valhalla_Rising @ 10/11/2012 14:05  

Had mine about year VR and still look like new cost around 60 quid.

I find that that although my hands are not big i still have to get a large size in gloves to be comfortable

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/11/2012 14:17  

I have biggeer / thicker hands so getting a glove that doesnt feel to tight without having to go to a bigger size that is alittle loose.My sp--1's are X -large and were always slightly tight, they took some breaking in but i love the fit now and the build grade of leather is good. BUt I will check out Weise Bill , they sound my kind of glove. Thanks

Update Reply
Valhalla_Rising @ 10/11/2012 14:28  

I've been using Alpinestar Octane gloves for the last couple of years, comfortable and well vented for summer use. Have you been to Bikersworld in Coleshill??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2012 09:44  

is that just off m42 bluey

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 16/11/2012 20:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email