MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Anything happening in scotland ?

Anything happening in scotland ? - Forums [Biker Match] Anything happening in scotland ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Anything happening in scotland ?

Would love to meet some of you but evreyone seems to be down south.Not that i'm scared to come over the border but i only have a baby bike and it would taake me three days to get there! Anybody know of any events up this way?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2007 06:02  

I could be sarcastic (I usually am) and say Edinburgh Festival lol but I won't We need more Scottish members, then you could get a lift down with another biker. How about you arrange something up your way Cassie? See if others would like to make the trip up for a weekend. There's a bank holiday at the end of this month, so a LONG weekend? All those in favour say 'aye' or 'och aye' lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/08/2007 06:15  

Great idea kwak,if folk would be up for it. Theres a fantastic road near here called the Cairn o' mount(u can check it out online)for anyone who likes a challange.A great wee campsite with a pub on the other side.Or maybe a run taking in some of the sights camping enroute. Anybody who would be interested or has any suggestions let me know.If theres enough interest i'm sure we cud organise something. better get the needles out and knit some more haggis!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2007 06:47  

Yheres two rallies up in scotland in september, the antler in kitlochry and the squires nr dunfries, if you want the details let me know, they are both pre book, but i am going so you wouldnt be on your own, We need a rally page up and running.???????

Update Reply
milemuncher @ 07/08/2007 17:15  

Details wud b great m.m. as would a rally page.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2007 17:20  

C'mon guys,were not that bad up here.O.k. tis true,the midges wear doc martin boots,but the amazing roads and great hospitality make up for that.

C'mon,i dare ya!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2007 05:16  

stormin the castle is about half way in Co Durham what about that one for a meet up weekend

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2007 08:26  

Just a thought but not everyone goes to/can afford rallies, also there's loads of peeps at rallies wouldn't a smaller gathering be better so ya actually get to meet those you want to? >>>coat>>> lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2007 08:51  

Cassie, Just made a similar suggestion/question on the 'meet at Matlock' thread. It's great to have centralised meet's, but even better if we could move them around the country. Everyone should get themselves up to bonnie Scotland, I get up as often as I can (a good day trip from Darlo) so if you ever fancy a tootle out somewhere, then I'm sure something can be arranged. You're right about the midges, they are whoppers, but the sweet Scottish gals make up for it. I'll get me kilt!!!!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 08/08/2007 10:53  

PML keep still blue, I've just replied to your post in the Matlock meet topic. Wassup, do ya think I've got an endless supply of keyboard ink or what?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2007 10:59  

Soz Kwak lol

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 08/08/2007 11:06  

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2007 11:11  

Nice idea koj,but unfortunately until i take my big test anywhere south of Edinburgh is a weekender for me,unless i can bum a lift and there seems to be a shortage of members up here. Also think kwak has a gud point. B.B gud to know ur up for it,just have to persuade a few others.If we can get a dozen or so definates i can try and get a field by a pub,bonfire,bbq and beer always does the trick. Cud pick two or three gud runs and maybe have sum kind of challenge cup,just to make it interesting!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2007 13:06  

well if i had know you all a few months back could have meet you all up as i was up your way in inverness and im thinking of heading your way sometime next year if thats anyhelp

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 08/08/2007 14:32  

Thats gud to know fbk and cud def meet up next year. No chance you cud manage weekender,maybe september? Not as far up as i'ness,between Dundee and Aberdeen.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2007 14:55  

could try hun but it all comes down to money at the end of the day . if im ever headed your way with work i'll see if i can pop by

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 08/08/2007 15:41  

Deffo,coffees hot,beers cold and welcomes warm.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2007 00:47  

We could always chuck a haggis on the barbie lol Got a bike, a tent and a credit card......sorted. All I need now is somewhere to dump the kiddie-winks and I'll be there.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 09/08/2007 06:42  

Superb B.B,at this rate tho we won't need a BBQ,a 1 ring camping stove will do!!

C'mon u lot where is ur spirit of adventure?

If we say 1st weekend in Sept does that make it any easier.

I'm on the verge of making comments bout soft southern sensabilities so c'mon folks,prove me wrong

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2007 09:17  

Just found out dates for stormin,whoops!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2007 10:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email