MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

zzr1100

zzr1100 - Forums [Biker Match] zzr1100 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

zzr1100

hi guys just after a bit of info really.mate of mine was tellin me other day that you can do a carb top conversion on the zzr11 which makes it run bit smoother is this true and what does it entail????????? any info would be fab thanx

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 21/08/2012 22:08  

Hi I will ask guy who does my bikes, he is Kwak trained mechanic and was brought up on ZZR 11s

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 21/08/2012 22:12  

thanx sweeney

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 21/08/2012 22:13  

Changing the carb tops does nothing to smooth things out, early zzr"s D4 and back had restricted tops, you didn't get the last 10mm of throttle slide. D5 onwards had the taller tops for max speed, what model is yours, probably wants a balance job on carbs or shimming valves if its been a while, both will make it run a bit rough. Done quite a bit of time/miles on these if you have any queries.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 22/08/2012 20:16  

well it was more to do with the max speed mines a d3.was just he recomennded doing it and also getting different calipers for it as the originals arnt brill(not that ive had any probs with brakes) it runs fine no probs at all just curious as to what difference it would make and what i have to do ie do i just get diferent carb tops or is it more complex??????? ive had 4 zzrs and i love em dont want any other bike

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 22/08/2012 21:05  

If you can still get hold of the max tops it just means removing gas tank and airbox then remove and change the carb tops taking care not to damage the diaprahms (spelt wrong) underneath, this will increase the poke from 150mph. An ignition advancer is a cheap easy means of improving bottom end response. Brakes are ok unless you do lots of salty miles, they seize up and then when cleaned out the main seal groove grows oversize making bleeding a pain in the arse.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 22/08/2012 23:45  

ZXR 750 carb tops did the trick if I remember rightly.
But it's not as if the ZZR11 is short of grunt anyway.
I think the other trick was to turn the eccentric chain adjusters 180 degrees to raise the rear slightly speed up the steering.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 04/09/2012 19:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email