MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Resurfaced Roads

Resurfaced Roads - Forums [Biker Match] Resurfaced Roads - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Resurfaced Roads

The local council has resurfaced a few roads near where i live.. at ;east one is quite bendy as i live out in the sticks, the other the road i actually live on. A coat of hot bitumen topped with stone chippings billions of them loose and left for traffic to compact and spread. who said it could,nt get any worse, sh###e weather aand now s####e roads to put up with, course it wont last long 2/3 years and they,l haave to do it all again, why cant they just do a proper job in the first place.. cheapskates eh... not good for the bike either... HELLSBELLS

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 08/08/2012 17:29  

They do it deliberately, a cheap way of slowing traffic down AND ITS BLOODY DANGEROUS!!!,if you are on a road you're not sure of and come around a bend to meet that crap what do you Brake? if you brakes are on when you hit it you may as well kiss your a**e goodbye!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2012 17:46  

during my roaming around the north east and west the last two weeks,i would say this disease is very widespread indeed.all the way from cumbrian coast to yorkshire coast.....yes gloucestershire used to do this too.a lot of people sued them for windscreen damage,so they took the radical step of using road gutter sweepers trucks to clear the worst of the loose stuff to good effect.recently though they have reverted to their usual 'dont give a toss'and stopped this due to COST REASONS....eejits!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 08/08/2012 19:29  

A friend of mine came off on chippings and I have too, he came off worse than me though he lost a finger! the stuff is dangerous. Even at 20 mph you can still lose control of your bike and come off, I hate the stuff.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2012 19:41  

yeaah im aware of the dangers, but there idiots in cars zooming up and down like nothings changed, i dont know whose worse the council or the halfwit drivers... god give me strengh....

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 08/08/2012 20:10  

Don't talk to me about the council! I've been waiting 3 and half hours for someone to come out and fix a dodgy lock on my front room window. I can't close the window. I've just phoned them up again and was told they work til MIDNITE. Not long to wait then, what if they DON'T come? Looks like it will be a long nite for me, trying to keep my eyes open in case someone/neighbours cat notices the window open. The road is chit too, needs potholes filling in, but I was told if they are too shallow there's no point filling them in cos it doesn't hold. Mm try telling that to those who get flat tyres, or worse, from riding over the HOLES. Pavement is just as bad, cos the road is narrow drivers park on the pavement. It's all broken and cracked right outside my gate.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2012 22:43  

Now then,be careful,just back from Squires,anyone going through Denshaw Saddlewoth Junction 22 M62 East to the weekend rock night there's loads of diesel on the road 200yds before junction adjacent to lorry park.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2012 23:01  

Did you let the highways dept know? Gooseneck

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2012 23:07  

Yep,my mates already done it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2012 23:17  

Let's hope they act on it. Starting to think the entire country is going to the dogs, 5 and a half hours after I phoned the council, cos my window won't close, never mind lock, and I'm still waiting. As they stop working at midnite I don't expect to see anyone until after 8am now. I'm not letting this one go, I live on my own, it's just not acceptable.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/08/2012 00:45  

unbelievable , you,d think being a lone female you,d be a priority, plus as its their property they,responsible for maintenance issues, well good luck sandie hope they fix it soon...

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 09/08/2012 08:48  

Thank you SB

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/08/2012 09:00  

Went over Humber Bridge and up to Scarborough yesterday and came across a road that was just being resurfaced so sh*t loads of loose chippings to skate around on.........but to make it worse why do some idiot car drivers insist on driving as close behind you as they possibly can?? Grrrr

Update Reply
purplepeopleeater @ 09/08/2012 23:10  

They have to get close so they can try to see ya, but it never works, they're all SMIDSYs (Sorry Mate I Didn't See You)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/08/2012 08:45  

I was following a 4x4 through chesterfield couple of weeks back. They were preparing to resurface road so chipped all top layer off and they had them signs that say 'ramp'. from tarmac down onto under surface. The 4x4 in front of me slammed his brakes on like he was driving a bloomin go kart! what the hell did he think it was going to do to his precious 4x4 when theres 3 foot gap between underside and road?!! I tutted as loudly as i could with my lid on but dont think he heard me!!

Update Reply
OMNF @ 10/08/2012 21:20  

I put a report in, a couple of days ago, to my local council repairs dept about the state of the path at the back of my home, the pavement just outside my gate, and the state of the road with the pot holes, yesterday a workman came to look at the path and told me it will be fixed, there's a scheme in place at the moment and my repairs are covered by it. The area manager paid a visit to look at the pavement, and made some notes, she thanked me for reporting it. Today I received a letter thanking me for my report about the *dangerous broken footpath and telling me it will be dealt with on the 13th. *the councils word not mine. How's that for service?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/08/2012 21:49  

Totally pointless chippings by us too, they have already worn away after a few days exposing sticky tar, which gets stickier as the days warms up

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 11/08/2012 06:31  

Its those bits of resurfaced road that are slightly to the right or left of the middle of the lane you are in that REALLY get to me, they scare the bejesus outa me when I hit the raised edges....obviously I try not to but you can't help it when you got a car ( or hedge on other side) coming towards ya and you havta move

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/08/2012 16:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email