MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Parking Fares Matlock

Parking Fares Matlock (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Parking Fares Matlock (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Parking Fares Matlock

Imagine if there was no payment to park, you visited a town/city and couldn't find a place to park, no matter how many times you drive round looking for a space there won't be one, cos if it's free some folk will park all day and some will never get parked at all. If we have to pay it means we are limited by our purse/wallet and at some point we all get to park.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2012 12:35  

I agree with your sentiments Roughie but sorry to say your maths is a bit off A big car would possibly carry 7 people but it would take up the space of 5 or 6 bikes which could carry 10 or 12 people The reduced fee for bikes is a compromise but the congestion that cars cause against the environmental advantages of bikes ; ( less pollution, no congestion and fewer emissions ) Makes bikes a much more sensible option for parking provision Bikes are part of the solution not part of the problem Powered 2 wheelers are now being actively encouraged in many places Many towns and cities now provide secure dedicated bike parking, an acknowledgment to the environmental contribution that bikes make But, returning to Matlock, it's the traders who are calling for the proposed charges to be dropped They know that the biking fraternity are the mainstay of their trade Introducing charges will adversely affect their turnover and some will go out of business Sandi, it should NEVER be about the depth of ones wallet That's what got this country into the mess we are in now As those with "bottomless" wallets will always have a choice, whilst those on a budget will not I'm surprised that a woman of your limited means could suggest such a pecuniary disadvantage It should never be about ones ability to pay Otherwise the rich would have all the choices and privileges And the poor would have to be content with what they could "afford" We have all the effects of this kind of policy on society It is divisive and inequitable and creates disharmony

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/08/2012 14:16  

emzed# dont think you,d get 5/6 bikes in a standard parking bay .. as far s i know they are all the same size.. which just about fit 4 bikes.. the point being ptw should not have tto pay to park anywhere .. most cities/towns accomodate ptw.... you can senssibly park a bike virtually anywhere. I object to paying to park anyway car/bike even more so bike. but greedy bureaucrats, will always want to make a fast buck... Ride Safe...Ride free

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 08/08/2012 16:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email