MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Is this normal?

Is this normal? - Forums [Biker Match] Is this normal? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Is this normal?

Hi all.
I just came to the BM website to check out the latest happenings and I was asked to validate my email address. Is this normal?
I usually check the site daily (in fact I looked earlier today) to keep up with events and I certainly haven't been away for 90 days. It seems to have activated again okay but just a bit concerned. Maybe I touched a button by mistake?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Zedbiker

Update Reply
Zedbiker @ 21/07/2012 19:42  

Zed yes its normal even us mods have to do it lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/07/2012 19:50  

Thank you for your rapid response. Been doing some downloading and I was concerned I may be being spayed on. Lol. Thanks again.

Update Reply
Zedbiker @ 21/07/2012 20:05  

Spyed* bloody predictive text. Lmao

Update Reply
Zedbiker @ 21/07/2012 20:06  

Zed it happens every 90 days unless Matt has changed it. It's a security feature, I believe.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/07/2012 00:26  

Sorry don't know how I missed this topic.

Yes it happens every 90 days for ALL accounts, inc staff.

It doesn't say you've been inactive for 90 days.... it says you haven't validated your email address in 90 days.

The purpose is to keep our records up to date to ensure you can always maintain access to your account should you forget your password and also that we don't email old/dead email addresses.

After 180 days if you still haven't re-verified your account you will no longer receive any notifications or emails from us such as newsletters.

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/07/2012 22:20  

Might be worth mentioning that Microsoft are rebranding Hotmail as Outlook. I assume MS will transfer existing Hotmail accounts to Outlook addresses but members will probably need to update their registered e-mail address with BM. I can see potential problems here in the coming months so worth getting the word out early. Matt, might be worth a bulk PM to all members a few days before MS make the switch.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 08/08/2012 01:16  

Oh jeez! I dislike change. MSN are drivng me mad at the moment, whenever I log in to my account I get a pop-up asking me to upgrade my security. I have to click 'save' to get to my mail box. I have 3 separate MSN mail accounts. Ta for the heads-up Simon

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2012 01:32  

I went to change my password today and it said I had to use min 8 and be mixed upper and lower case well thats me finished I will never remember that

Update Reply
JP @ 08/08/2012 09:53  

JP I don't know why it said that, when I changed my password just yesterday, or day before, all I did was type in the password and it accepted it and I didn't use anything other than lowercase letters. For those who don't know, or can't remember, myself included lol, how to change your password go to 'My Account' and then 'Edit' type in a new password in the space provided and then click on 'change details' at the bottom of the form.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2012 11:00  

I will try again

Update Reply
JP @ 08/08/2012 13:27  

Did it work? JP

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2012 14:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email