MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Bike Thieves Caught on Film, but No Arrest!

Bike Thieves Caught on Film, but No Arrest! - Forums [Biker Match] Bike Thieves Caught on Film, but No Arrest! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Bike Thieves Caught on Film, but No Arrest!

The theft of a Triumph Daytona 675 has been caught on CCTV fully showing all the thieves faces, their work, technique and their getaway (on a bike which can be hot wired unbelievably). Despite compiling this evidence, the rider has not seen any action by the police. The victim has put an outline of the case and thevideo footage here: http://www.motorbikethieves....com

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/06/2012 16:21  

Unbelievable !!!! What are the cops waiting for eh... discusting to say the least !! x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2012 16:32  

I've just watched the vid, Jen, it goes on a bit. I can't believe how long they were at it and not one person to disturb them.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/06/2012 16:44  

Just watched it, im flabergasted to say the least.. soon on the scene when we go over the speed limit eh ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2012 21:11  

The police will have been round for their cut for sale of stolen property.

Update Reply
BeemerSid @ 15/07/2012 23:12  

Watched this a few weeks ago and I dont understand why the owner of the bike has not started leagel procedings against the met police for failing in there duty to the crown

Update Reply
JP @ 16/07/2012 10:10  

Is there any wonder why folk take the law into their own hands when they are able to ? ... Cops have got the proof , what are they waiting for ?....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 10:32  

Those of us who have lost bikes all share the same sense of outrage, me being just one of those victims, however its the comments directed at the police on this thread have driven me to respond.

Jen, the 'cops' have a sequence of cctv footage, if the bike hasn't been recovered there are no forensics to be had, whats probably happening is that they are trying to identify these scum bags from the cctv images, this relies on cops viewing the images and being able say ' thats so&so I know him because .....' there are very strict rules on identifying people from video footage, if they get it wrong it wont even get past the CPS. If it gets past them they have to contend with the vageries and whims of the courts.
Fair play to the bikes owner for spreading the images as widely as possible.
so far the proof is that the bike has been stolen and there are faces to be recognized. What seems be lacking is someone saying 'thats charlie chav the bike thief, he lives at ... and his 2 mates are .... etc etc.

JP, Failing in their duty to the crown ? what does that even mean ? its easy to comment from a position of ignorance, that's not intended as an insult to you but no one on here knows anything about this matter other than what's been written by the poor sod who's lost his bike, no one knows what might be going on in the background, for all anyone knows there might be something significant happening that hasn't been published, even to the owner.

Sid, you are so far out of line you disgust me, you probably think DI Gene Hunt (Life on Mars) is a real person blasting round the 'Met' in a souped up Audi Quatro.

Police don't make the laws, Governments do, Police don't decide whos guilty and who's innocent, the courts do that, the police try to identify offenders, gather evidence and get the bad guys and gals in front of the courts, that all takes very strong and compelling EVIDENCE, or would you all rather go back to a system where you are presumed guilty until proven innocent.

I await the responses with anticipation.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 19:02  

Part of your reply was personal, to a BM member, did you have to be so rude, we all have opinions you know.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 19:40  

Jen, response to you via PM.

I'll wait on a response to that before posting again.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 20:09  

Fair play to Jen for her remark above, and Jen, thanks for the reasoned dialogue we've had on this subject.
Sid, my position is still that I feel you are out of order with your comment, as Jen has pointed out and I accept, everyone is entitled to an opinion, including me and everyone now knows what mine is.
But there is a line to be drawn between having an opinion and being insulting, in my books you crossed that line.
Making sweeping comments like yours about individuals or groups in my view is not on.
If the moderators think my response was in appropriate I'm sure they will let me know

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 20:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email