MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Barfly's Rally 13/15 july

Barfly's Rally 13/15 july (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Barfly's Rally 13/15 july (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Barfly's Rally 13/15 july

oh well. at least it'll be nice for the ride? home.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 13/07/2012 08:20  

yes was just thinking that myself phil

Update Reply
JP @ 13/07/2012 08:25  

You shouldn't be riding anywhere, you have a bad shoulder! Use the car or better still cadge a lift - you'll be dry and not aching as much

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2012 09:41  

See you guys later i have jammie dodgers !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/07/2012 09:57  

Its pissing down now

Update Reply
JP @ 13/07/2012 10:01  

I have spoken to the nice lady at the pub, who has told me, its not currently raining there and the river level is at normal height for this time of year and loads of folk have arrived already :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/07/2012 10:13  

You'll just have to camp away from the river, it'll be fine. Enjoy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2012 10:21  

I have my wellies waho

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/07/2012 10:26  

I hear the weather was good for most of the day, hopefully you're not all too wet x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 01:20  

Could have been wetter ask BJ about her wellie's and the walk back from the town. I think there are some pic's

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2012 08:40  

Hope you all got though the night without an early morning call

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2012 12:18  

it was a different kind of weekend thats for sure lol Was great meeting Jinx finally and yes the walk back from town had its erm ..... interesting moments, we should have known better from the off when we had to climb over a gate and tip toe the bottom of a hedge to avoid the flood water !!!! Then we ignored the lock keepers advice and carried on across the first bridge, no trolls under it, just the far end under ankle deep water, yes i volunteered to go first as i was wearing my trusty wellies, this is the point i noticed they were not water proof due to a massive tear in the foot lol Old Un and Mr Ken did the sensible thing and took shoes and socks off to wade through. We treked over hill and dale and mud(me squelching all the way) until we eventually could see the pub, wahooo we thought then ....... we noticed the next bridge was more than half under water, this time knee deep and then some ................ ah well in for a penny in for a pound ........................ RIP wellies :(

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/07/2012 21:02  

My friends who were camping at the lode were woken up at 4am sunday morning and told to move their tents as the water levels were rising, scary stuff..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 14:37  

thats why we left on sat eve

Update Reply
JP @ 16/07/2012 16:08  

As you know jp there was a flood warning issued for the area stating the water level was going to keep rising till monday evening so why didn't the event organisers bother to find this out.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/07/2012 17:30  

Squashy thanks for your info, which helped us decide to leave early. The land lady had apparently been told by the enviro agency that the levels were dropping

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/07/2012 18:55  

I am a fairly cynical person and wonder if they didn't say anything becouse they didn't want people leaving early. self interest above the safety of the campers. makes you wander.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/07/2012 19:02  

Always a possibility, but aftertalking to you and looking at the river itself, which was still rising at 8 pm we choose to leave and after hearing from a few folk that they got woken up and told to abandon tents at 4 in the morning, glad i did lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/07/2012 19:04  

On a brighter note. The weather men say that the jet stream should move north in the next couple of weeks to give us settled warmer weather. here's hoping.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/07/2012 19:15  

That's cus the weight of the water on the uk has now unbalanced the planet and changed its tilt

Update Reply
JP @ 16/07/2012 19:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email