MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Warm DRY feet

Warm DRY feet - Forums [Biker Match] Warm DRY feet - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Warm DRY feet

Just in case there's anyone out there who hasn't discovered them Poundland have "camping socks" @ 3 pairs for £1 (obviously) I can highly recommend them *Additional Tip 1 Take them with you to the rally in a "waterproof " bag along with a "micro-fibre" towel & a small container of talcum powder The feeling of warm DRY feet is hard to beat for "bringing you round" after arriving on site with "soggy" feet (for whatever reason) *Additional Tip 2 A couple of carrier bags*, slipped over your socks before putting on your "wet" boots, will allow you to "get out and about" onto site Without soaking your socks again from the soggy footwear Just dont leave them on for TOO long* or your feet will sweat and you'll be back to square 1 * The ones with holes in allow your feet to breathe a little Hope this helps Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/06/2012 18:11  

Thank you for that Emzed... good tips too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2012 18:14  

Additional Tip 3 Take a spare pair of footwear!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2012 18:22  

XK, not everyone has "room" for "spare footwear" Which is why I made the post

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/06/2012 18:29  

Cassie n Blue, two-up on a bike, wiv tent etc etc...and she still found room for several extra shoes. I rest my case.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2012 20:41  

XK ............ S T F U I'm trying to help some "novices" here We don't ALL have your "extensive" experience

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/06/2012 21:43  

as I just read this topic for tips etc, thank you all

I used those slip-over gardening wellies (pull them over your boots/shoes) b4 as well... (they tear easily after a while..), but nothing beats recycling a free carrier bag... I'm going to use that tip. I already got the socks u mention and got their cutlery set as well.. If they didn't clip together I'd loose them. Warm dry feet more of an essential tho, so thanks all. All ideas added to my check list for next rally.

Update Reply
hurtz @ 11/06/2012 16:53  

Ferget Emzed, wos he know, he rides inside a C1 Try listening to the real bikers! (Should make 4 n interesting Farmyard, ay Em?)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2012 17:02  

PMSL. Nothing like a little rivalry on this site is there..

Update Reply
hurtz @ 11/06/2012 17:14  

Real Bikers?? Are they the Marlon Brando lookalikeewannabe's by any chance... If it's got two wheels.. can walk faster than me and keeps your feet dry and out of the puddles...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 11/06/2012 17:20  

On the Sunday rideout from matlock, we went thru a ford at least a foot deep!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2012 17:23  

Well I hope you were wearing the camping socks from poundland then lol

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 11/06/2012 17:26  

Oh shit, soggy feet, shud hav takin mz's advice ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2012 17:35  

. Well said, rockchickeelicious!

Update Reply
hurtz @ 11/06/2012 17:36  

Hope you've all followed EmZeds advice for the Camping Socks.. tis gonna be an awful wet weekend and there's camping about all over the place... Stay Safe.. Stay Warm and don't throw away any carrier bags!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 15/06/2012 15:51  

My feet were warm and dry all weekend Unike a certain person who shall remain nameless Who was seen paddling about the site in BARE FEET Boots too wet to wear apparantly

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/06/2012 22:29  

Hugs emzed... Our hero..

Update Reply
hurtz @ 17/06/2012 22:44  

Bless you sweetie Have a BIG from me must've done sumat right wonder what it was

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/06/2012 22:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email