MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Missed Opportunities

Missed Opportunities - Forums [Biker Match] Missed Opportunities - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Missed Opportunities

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel we are missing some great opportunities to promote BM. I alone have been to a lot of events (with quite a few more coming up) which could help adviertised BM. Does anyone have any Business Cards or Flyers I could have? Also does anybody know where I could get a banner or flag made, with the BM logo on? (if I'm allowed, copyright etc) I just feel, to get more people in this area interested, they need to know who we are when at events

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2012 14:51  

Ellie - get in touch with Jackie - she's got a friendly banner man that has already made up a BM banner for us & Matt's getting some more business cards sorted - or said he was ...

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/06/2012 17:42  

I've asked a couple of times for promo cards/flyers, anyone got any please send them to me so I can distribute them?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/06/2012 22:16  

Thanks for that Holmfirthgirl I'll pm Jackie when she gets back from the BM olympics. I've also asked a couple of times for flyers/cards, without any luck Sandi. I would be so grateful if anyone has any spare that I could have. PLEASE

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2012 23:34  

I think there's still loads of the old business cards which need to be used before anymore are printed. Jackie has a supply of them as far as I know so I'm sure she'd send you some Elliemay. I'm down to half a box so haven't got enough to send you I'm afraid.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 09/06/2012 03:43  

Thanks for the help Simon. So Jackie's our girl then I'll pm her. I'm sure I'm not the only one needing these, so lookout Jackie

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2012 12:59  

I've still got a lot of cards, I try and keep some on me and distribute them whenever I'm out. I will be taking some to Matlock Bath tomorrow if anyone wants any?

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/06/2012 13:39  

Thanks for that Karey, I won't be able to make it but hopefully if others need them, they could meet you there Anyone got some a little bit nearer to me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2012 11:38  

New business cards have been ordered and should be available this week :) Pls rem though folks, i can get away with posting some cards via work post but not £100s worth, so if you let me know what events you are attending that i am, i will take a supply with me to pass around. With regard to banners, yep i have had a couple made up by a mate, i'll ask for a price if folk want a few more made up :) Rem though, if you have a banner it is always best to ask if its ok to put it up before hand :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/06/2012 17:15  

Yep jackie is the official BM distribution hub, located conveniently and centrally in Birmingham lol.

Kaz and anyone else with old cards - please get rid of them ASAP! New cards are orders, liaise with Jackie to get some. I'd like for them to be as widely distributed as possible within a month or so. Not fair taking up all of Jackie's house for a year with 1,000's of boxes.

Also, anyone can feel free to download and print an A4 poster from here...
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/images/ads/a4%20a...%20new.jpg

I will get a dozen or so banners made up this next week or so.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/06/2012 22:29  

Just a thought.
I know I was an idiot and did not exlpore the options at the bottom of the page but, wondered if u could have a time on chat for a meet and greet of new members. Perhaps an opportunity for the mods to meet and greet new members so they know who to speak to (PM) with any questions...
Also, if possible, is it possible to have some type of notification alert if ur on chat and someone else joins...
Would be good to have any code that appears to create new smilies to. New ones pop up all the time and look fun.. A thread/topic on this??
A new member incentive scheme for those that get new members to join.. Minor amount more to encourage.. also for new members a question about how they heard about the site?
Fantastic site, love it. Just suggestions..
Is any more happening with the renaming of folders... I promise to crawl back into my hovel now...

Update Reply
hurtz @ 16/06/2012 15:23  

New cards have arrived so anybody who needs some to distribute at events let me know and i can get some posted out to you :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/06/2012 12:40  

E-mail sent Jackie. Thanks.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 18/06/2012 04:06  

Recieved mine, thanks Jackie

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2012 21:34  

Got mine too, email sent, thanks BJ BM has come a long way since the 10,000th member gathering in Matlock, April 2008. 60,000 members! wow. I wonder why there aren't more folk using the forums and chat room.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2012 23:50  

Hi Matt/Jackie Have just tried to print off a copy of the BM Poster to put up at my local Bike Meet Cafe, but for some reason only a tiny portion of it came out... Can someone tell me how to get a copy please... lol... and I work with computers for work...dooohhhh!!! And how do I get our local bike meets on the weekly events page please. The Venue is: LYNNS CAFE Preesheath Whitchurch Shropshire SY13 2AF TEL: 01948 665691 Ask for Lynn or Pete Cafe open 7 days a week, bikers always welcome, huge car/bike park/ good food at good prices/Bike specific meeting every Thursday from 4pm till 8pm (ish) Was there just just yesterday and there were several hundred bikers, some great looking machines..(not to mention the ladies)...ooops Most weeks throughout the spring and summer this is the norm (weather permiting) So let folk know about it please.... And if you can provide me withg posters or Cards I shall place them in several other biker friendly venues... Keep up the good work "ya all" Cheers... John aka - rider10

Update Reply
Rider10 @ 06/07/2012 18:18  

Rider10, Can't explain the printing I'm afraid. Is it possible you need to change your printer settings? To put a regular event on the calendar please submit the details to Sandie on the events page and she will add it to the calendar for you. If you want BM business cards you need to contact Brummie Jackie. Hope this helps, but feel free to PM me if you have any problems or need any further information.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 09/07/2012 00:27  

yes the printing issue is due to your printing settings. When you open the picture in a photo viewing program and press print, make sure you read the options (like shrink to fit page, paper size etc). Don't just accept the defaults.

You can add events to the calendar. If it is weekly then first ensure the venue has promotional material up for BM (like the A4 poster). Once verified please PM Sandi. She will check the details and forward to me. I will duplicate it in the database for a year or so.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/07/2012 09:51  

If anybody needs business acrds drop me A PM :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/07/2012 10:25  

I'd just like to bring to others attention what Matt said previously, about promoting Biker Match at the weekly venues. You can add events to the calendar. If it is weekly then first ensure the venue has promotional material up for BM (like the A4 poster). Once verified please PM Sandi. She will check the details and forward to me. I will duplicate it in the database for a year or so. We used to add weekly venues to the calendar which meant FREE advertising for those businesses, but we now require Biker Match to be promoted in exchange. Thanks BTW a link can be added to our links page, if it's not already there, as well as the venue being on the calendar. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/misc/links.asp

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/07/2012 16:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email