MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Art Can

Art Can - Forums [Biker Match] Art Can - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Art Can

I've been given an Art Pro Series II can for my TT600, which I have fitted and it sounds fab! (I had to put the baffle back in as it was giving me a headache) It seems to be running fine to me and doesn't seem to be any different to me apart from the loudness and "gurgling" noise, with my limited experience, so do I need to get it re-mapped or is it ok as it is? I don't want to damage the engine or anything. Also do I need to tell my insurers? Art don't make cans any more so I can't contact them to find if it's road legal. Thanks Lisa

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2012 21:13  

I have an old Art brochure somewhere, I'll dig it out and see what it says but I suspect that you will require re-jetting and possibly re-mapping too ? I'll get back to you asap Meanwhile, just to be on the safe side, either be gentle with it (no BIG fistfulls) or swap it back till you know for sure Sorry I can't be more positive But better safe than sorry, you dont want to hole a piston with a weak mixture, no matter how gorgeous it sounds Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 06/06/2012 00:32  

Sorry Hello There the brochure only lists Pro Race cans of various shapes & colours You might try looking for a local supplier of a SIMILAR can (which I think is a "slip-on" but will stand correction ) and asking if they recommend any mods to jetting & mapping ? Shame I couldn't be of more use to you I do you you get the issue settled, for your own peace of mind You might have openened up a "can o worms" (sic) ... but It may turn out to be a wonderful gift Best of luck Em PS if its any consolation these were listed in 2000, at anything from £90 odd for "universal" slip ons to £460+ for a Blackbird,Ducati or early Triumph I assume thats for a pair

Update Reply
Emzed @ 06/06/2012 09:26  

I thought all Art Pro cans were track use only

Update Reply
Gloom @ 06/06/2012 09:46  

Well thats what I thought Gloom but couldn't say for sure

Update Reply
Emzed @ 06/06/2012 10:47  

Does it say not for road use?
If not it's ok !!
most cans won't make much differance without re mapping.

Update Reply
Mickf @ 06/06/2012 12:25  

I've got an Art Pro Series 2 on mine, on the stainless band at the end of the can it said "Not for road use" on, but when I polished it this amazingly dissapeared I had a K & N air filter fitted and a stage 2 Dynojet kit fitted, it sounds really nice, if a little loud, but it always goes throught the MOT and I've never been 'spoken to' about it, even when I've ridden out with Police officers. And yes, you should really notify your insurance, then if anything happens they will cover the cost of replacement

Update Reply
Ian60 @ 06/06/2012 16:26  

lol tell the insurance nothing!! changing the can on my previous bike and needed a stage 1 dynojet kit .....£105 it was only required because it bogged at 4k revs ive had other bikes that didnt need touched....so if it runs ok i wouldnt worry agree with Ian....if it says not for road use it will polish out get out the autosol. lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 06/06/2012 16:34  

There speaks the voice of experience X 2 I said I'd stand being corrected and I do Best of luck with your "gift" Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 06/06/2012 17:00  

Thanks for all your replies and taking the time to check things for me. I've been told by an ex Triumph technician if it has a baffle it it doesn't need re-mapping or anything, also I checked it was still doing the same miles to the tank full and it is, so that's good. I can't see a "not for road use" stamp on it, but I didn't look very hard! lol! If there is one it's on the underside so the police wouldn't know without taking it off anyway.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2012 20:47  

I have Art titanium cans on my Raptor. They did say "not for road use" on the rear end strap, It cost me £6 for 2 new straps (complete with BS numbers on them) and a little time to rivet them on, and all of a sudden they were road legal! I got it on a dyno and was told she was running FAR too lean to be safe, so a K+N and Power Commander followed very soon after.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 11/06/2012 21:38  

you should always notify your insurance or you could find if you make a claim they may refuse it, most ask if the bikes been changed, i,v changed lots on mine always told the insurance and not been charged any extra

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/06/2012 00:10  

I've got a full race system on one of my bikes.
It has no stamps on it so I asked the MOT man his opinion. He said if it doesnt have 'not for road use' or 'race use only' then its OK, I asked about riviting on a BS stamp and he advised against it as its fraud if caught, so he now MOT's it every year no problem

Update Reply
mad munky @ 19/06/2012 22:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email