MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Blimey - no bike licence needed

Blimey - no bike licence needed - Forums [Biker Match] Blimey - no bike licence needed - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Blimey - no bike licence needed

http://www.mp3citytours.co.uk/easy-to-ride/ Apart from being hideous, this is being marketed all over the place with the prime benefit being that you don't need a bike licence. From their blurb: "All you need to be able to ride the Piaggio MP3 LT is a standard UK car licence, no bike licence or previous riding experience is required" Not even that, but touting it as a benefit that you don't need any experience?! The mind boggles

Update Reply
SouthLondonPhil @ 24/05/2012 21:16  

My MP3 plays music lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/05/2012 21:44  

Anyone know why its exempt from needing a bike licence?

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 10/06/2012 15:53  

The foot brake mechanism of the Piaggio MP3 LT also offers confidence to car drivers new to scooter travel and means that no bike licence is needed. (Ad blurb) Apparently their footbrake means it's a car but not a car?? They still won't be able to filter as good as a bike..

Update Reply
old red @ 10/06/2012 17:19  

I'm so desperate to get out on a Bike.. that I almost.. Almost thought this was a good idea.. until reality set in again and I realised I'd look a complete *** on it.. as would anyone else... ~ Aquarians.. impulsive wee things we are...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 10/06/2012 17:28  

The reason you don't need a bike licence is to do with the wheel span between the front wheels, which i think is 64" inches, so it's classed as a trike.
The early ones had a smaller span and you still need a bike licence to ride them. What they don't tell you you're not allow in bus lanes and you have to pay congestion tax.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 10/06/2012 18:53  

So if you can drive one on a car licence, is a crash helmet compulsory? It seems to me that this ridicules any of the new bike tests.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/06/2012 23:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email