MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Stoner retires from Racing

Stoner retires from Racing  - Forums [Biker Match] Stoner retires from Racing  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Stoner retires from Racing

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons for his shock decision including the desire to spend more time with his family and the fact that he has lost some of his passion to race. Both Valentino Rossi and Lorenzo have spoken about Stoner’s retirement saying that they respect the decision but that is it ultimately very bad for MotoGP. MCN’s MotoGP reporter Matthew Birt is in Le Mans and will be posting the full story on www.motorcyclenews.com

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 17/05/2012 17:34  

Thats a shame to see him go. But you have got to admire him for making such a decision.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 17/05/2012 18:55  

Better get me license renewed they'll be looking for a rider for next year ;-)

Update Reply
SPESH @ 17/05/2012 20:36  

what a loss to racing,

but it will make way for younger riders like SPESH

Update Reply
cyc @ 17/05/2012 20:45  

Not surprising really, when there stops being any new challenges in racing i imagine it would soon make a rider question the dangers of continuing it, i'll bet that his decision was in no small part due to the birth of his kid earlier this year.

Update Reply
Gibson @ 17/05/2012 21:36  

Cant deny he is a brilliant racer just a shame he has the personality of a dead slug, not sure whether i will miss him or not, perhaps, cos i wont have anybody else to shout at the TV to 'just frickin fall off' at :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/05/2012 09:32  

bj you said it all there

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 19/05/2012 09:29  

interesting seeing the interview with him where he partly blamed changes in rules and in the direction that the sport is taking for his decision, and in Steve Parish's comment that it sounds like a cry for help. Makes you wonder what the true story really is.

Update Reply
centurion @ 20/05/2012 12:52  

Got to envey him really, my opinion is well done m8 you do what you want to, cry for help
huh who listens to
Steve Parish's comments anyway? but we all have opinions i guess!

Update Reply
ayjay @ 21/05/2012 22:01  

Do we really need to read anything into this. He has won championships, earned loads of money and has a young wife and kid. Why not quit while you are ahead and enjoy life.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 21/05/2012 22:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email