MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Pirate Fundraising Motorcyle Run

Pirate Fundraising Motorcyle Run - Forums [Biker Match] Pirate Fundraising Motorcyle Run - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Pirate Fundraising Motorcyle Run

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Harken and take Heed you Scurvy Dogs! The FIRST Annual Pirate Motorcyle Run in aid of the Nathaniels Wish - We Won't Write Them Off Fund (Nathaniel is an 11 year old boy with a rare cancer, and we need to raise funds for full body scans and possible treatment abroad - HE IS A BIKER OF THE FUTURE, 3RD GENERATION). 19th August 2007 commences 12 noon from Woodside Ferry Terminal, Birkenhead, Wirral, travelling from the Ferry Terminal, around the Mersey Basin, over the Runcorn Bridge and culminating at Liverpool Maritime Museum. All A-roads, 30-60 mph limits, NO MOTORWAYS. This route has been designed by the Fallen Angels riders for fun and frolics all the way, taking in some good scenery and good roads. Pirate attire (you AND/OR your bike) is not required but certainly welcomed. Badges for the run will be available to buy, all monies raised to go to the Nathaniels Wish - We Won't Write Them Off fund. AFTER-RUN PARTY - after completion of the Run, at The Tap Pub, Eastham Ferry, Eastham, Wirral. Any non-bikers (or those with poorly sick bikes!) can join in the fun by getting the ferry from Woodside to the Liverpool Maritime Museum and waiting for our return. For further information and map of route, please contact Kags on 0151 200 4882 or email jazz_dog96@yahoo.co.uk. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SUPPORT US. Nathaniel was diagnosed with Clear Cell Sarcoma in November 2006, had 1 tumour removed in December, and another removal of tissue in January 2007. The Consultants believe the cancer had been active for about 2 and a half years. This cancer is aggressive, and can re-appear ANYWHERE in the body, sometimes necessitating amputation of hands or feet if necessary. The NHS will only do a scan on the site of the original tumour, we have to raise the funds for full-body scans. In Canada they have discovered an Inhibitor which is having great results on children who have Clear Cell Sarcoma - our NHS do not have this so we have to raise funds in case we have to take this route. We are also planning to turn this into a Charity (this was Nathaniels own wish!) so that other children in the same situation can get a small amount of financial help towards scans and treatments. Many thanks for your time in reading this post. Kags.

Update Reply
kags @ 18/07/2007 13:27  

Kags here again! Sorry, I forgot to mention that this message and the giving of my contact details has been authorised by Matt, Admin. Many thanks to BikerMatch for their support in allowing us to post these messages. Kags

Update Reply
kags @ 18/07/2007 13:39  

Kags - dunno if i can make this yet - but if its ok I will copy n paste your post onto other bike forums I go on.

Good luck with the run and hope you raise enough pennies for the scans!!!

Update Reply
Muddi @ 18/07/2007 19:29  

Just bringing this to the top, as it's the weekend after next. I've also PM-ed a whole bunch of people within the immediate Merseyside area who seeem to be 'sleepers' on the forum suggesting they come and meet up on the 19th. Apologies to anyone who thinks this is the thin end of a scouse takeover!

Update Reply
Wills @ 06/08/2007 10:51  

bump

Update Reply
Wills @ 14/08/2007 09:05  

Put your glasses on, Wills then ya won't keep bumping into things *giggles* Kags Good luck with raising loads of funds for Nathaniel, even if ya did refer to us as scurvy dogs lol Perhaps you could do a review of it and post it in the forum? I could add a link to the Biker Match newsletter. Maybe you could add some pics to the Biker Match events page too?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/08/2007 10:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email