MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Absolutely Blown Away By This!!

Absolutely Blown Away By This!! - Forums [Biker Match] Absolutely Blown Away By This!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Absolutely Blown Away By This!!

Sorry folks im just so blown away by what has occured thought you all should know!!!!!

Finding out that, after racing around snowdonia to find another venue for my camping weekend in may, the nice gentleman that i spoke to who agreed for us to camp at his place is the one and only Eric Jones!!!!! He was the first Brit to do a solo assent of the north face of the Eiger!!!!! I will be humbled to be in the company of one of our British all time greats!!!! Link to who Eric Jones is and what he has achieved http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Jones_(climber)
FECKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 21/04/2012 15:17  

P.S. Eric, as a young man wanted to join the parachute regiment, unfortunately he could not due to an injury from a Motorcycle Accident!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 21/04/2012 15:18  

Don't forget the cafe he runs. The all day climbers special has brought life back to many a cold wet biker out for a run in that area.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 21/04/2012 17:03  

sounds an amazing guy. but have to add well done and thank you for taking all the time you have and not giving up on finding a camp for us all in May. really looking forward to it. x

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 22/04/2012 11:55  

hurricane katrina.........................

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 22/04/2012 12:47  

sorry,bit flippant that ,in retrospect...j57,have a nice day

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 23/04/2012 11:48  

Well that is fantastic! Should provide some decent discussion for us all. And I too will feel humbled by tales of human endurance by the hero himself if he will honour us with his presence, and I mean that

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 24/04/2012 22:42  

Oh well, if u put it like that, how can I refuse?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2012 22:45  

And no XK, didn't mean you Did actually mean Eric Jones

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 24/04/2012 23:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email