MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club - Forums [Biker Match] Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club

Hi all, I am looking to see how many of us are members of the VJMC.
Please can you add to this thread if you a current or even an ex member.
Tell me about your branch and how it feels to belong, ie is it welcoming/open to visitors/prospective members?
VJMC is a big club and I sure there must be many members belong to BM as well.
I interested in more co operation between BM and VJMC if possible. VJMC already have a well established network in the UK and possibly many members are of an age where meeting new friends is important due to marital and other issues and would fit in well here at BM. Just need to research this abit so any feed back welcomed.
Thanks Andy C

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 18/04/2012 16:25  

Hi Andy I'm not a VJM owner but I like to attend their bike show and autojumble every year at Lotherton (not far from Squires cafe bar near Leeds (W.Yorkshire) http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3281 This is a good topic and I expect there to be quite a few BMers who are also VJM owners.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/04/2012 18:26  

I've been a member of VJMC for 3 years. You'll find that although this is a big club in terms of numbers, many members join to get the discount on their insurance but never attend meetings. I'm in the south yorks section and although we have about 80 members in our catchment area only about 15 regularly attend the monthly meetings.
Our section like to ride our bikes rather than spend the day looking at them in a show. But some sections never arrange rideouts and spend all their time polishing their bikes I'm sure some VJMC members would be interested in joining us at some our meets because their all barmy. Like BM members. If any bm members would like to attend one of our meetings they are held on the last Thursday of the month at The Sun on Hoyland Common. We welcome everyone you don't have to have an old Jap bike. We have a few drinks and talk boll***s. Sometimes we even get around to arranging rideouts. But to be honest they are fine weather bikers and BM meets are more fun.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 18/04/2012 18:30  

thanks Harry....

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 18/04/2012 18:43  

I'm actually a member of the Vintage Motorcycle Club, you can take part in their events on ANY bike over 25 years old, and I just happen to have a 26 year old BMW. They also have sections all over the country, most of whome are pretty active. My local bunch, the South Durham section, meet up 2 evenings a month and organise quite a few ride outs, including one I joined in on Boxing Day when about 20 bikes rode out to a country pub for a meal (or just a drink for those still full up on xmas dinner)

Update Reply
centurion @ 18/04/2012 18:46  

I thought BMW are German owned? Have they been taken over by the Japanese? Harry, nowt wrong wi goin to t' show, especially when I int got a bike LOL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/04/2012 19:05  

I thought BMW are German owned? Have they been taken over by the Japanese? Er no, thats why I joined The Vintage Motorcycle Club and was talking about them, NOT the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club, read my post through again Sandi

Update Reply
centurion @ 18/04/2012 19:18  

I've been a member of the vjmc for ages,about 16 years or so,get cheaper insurance despite my bike not being Japanese! Lotherton hall show highly recommended if a sunny day,if wet no-one goes as their bikes will get mucky!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 18/04/2012 19:21  

Centurion, you confused me cos the thread is about JAPANESE bikes. Sprint, well I can't blame 'em, the show is on grass. Altho it's always been nice weather when this show has been on.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/04/2012 20:25  

I KNOW it was originally about Japanese bikes, I was mearly pointing out that there is a similar alternative for none-Japanese bike owning members of BM

Update Reply
centurion @ 18/04/2012 20:43  

Ok, keep your wig on Wilma!! LOL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/04/2012 20:46  

oooH patronising or what

Update Reply
centurion @ 18/04/2012 20:53  

ey-up, there be trouble at mill.

Update Reply
xj @ 18/04/2012 23:08  

howdy , i got an old bike .................. lol

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 18/04/2012 23:09  

Sandi!!! we of topic now¬

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 19/04/2012 09:52  

Andy!!! not my fault

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/04/2012 10:41  

Andy posted: Hi all, I am looking to see how many of us are members of the VJMC. Please can you add to this thread if you a current or even an ex member. Tell me about your branch and how it feels to belong, ie is it welcoming/open to visitors/prospective members? VJMC is a big club and I sure there must be many members belong to BM as well. I interested in more co operation between BM and VJMC if possible. VJMC already have a well established network in the UK and possibly many members are of an age where meeting new friends is important due to marital and other issues and would fit in well here at BM. Just need to research this abit so any feed back welcomed. Thanks Andy C

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/04/2012 10:42  

no one else from the Very Jolly Merry Chappies club?

Update Reply
xj @ 21/04/2012 10:33  

have a 26 year old bol d.0r would that qualify ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2012 01:29  

I'm a wozza member, 84' VF1000FE 28 yo

Update Reply
cuzzie @ 22/04/2012 01:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email