MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Audi buys Ducati - Is that good or bad news?

Audi buys Ducati - Is that good or bad news? - Forums [Biker Match] Audi buys Ducati - Is that good or bad news? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Audi buys Ducati - Is that good or bad news?

Well it now has been confirmed that Ducati have been bought by Audi or the VAG group of companies. What does everyone else think, is this going to be good for Ducati with thier standards etc, or is it bad to see a German car manufacturer enter the bike market? I'd be interested to know what others think on it?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/04/2012 15:28  

Topic moved to Motorcycle Topics Not sure what to think actually - I mean you could say the same thing about BMW's?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 18/04/2012 15:44  

Yeah, as somebody who has owned 6 BMW MOTORCYCLES over the years I was baffeled by the 'or is it bad to see a German car manufacturer enter the bike market?' comment too! I obviously have no problem with German car manufactuerer's getting more involved in the motorcycle market

Update Reply
centurion @ 18/04/2012 17:25  

There is nothing wrong with German bikes but I think there may be a difference in philosophy over what a bike should be between Audi and Ducati but time will tell

Update Reply
Gloom @ 18/04/2012 18:42  

Yeah, lets just hope Audi take a fairly 'hands off' approach and leave Ducati to get on with making the bikes that have made them famous, in which case at least the take over will keep Ducati in business. To be fair, BMW are a totaly different set-up, they were making bikes for 5 years before they branched out into car manufacturing, a pity THEY didn't buy out Ducati!

Update Reply
centurion @ 18/04/2012 19:04  

Look out for the next Ducati diesel turbo :-)

Update Reply
SPESH @ 18/04/2012 20:25  

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/monster/monster_diesel/index.do

Update Reply
centurion @ 18/04/2012 20:46  

Heee Heeeeeeeeeeee...I mis-read Audi for ALDI !!! Plonker !!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 18/04/2012 22:18  

Audi also own Lamborghini,if anyone is concerned that Audi won't let Ducati make decent machines then look at the Aventador,that hasn't got much in common with an A3 TDI....

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 18/04/2012 22:25  

point taken Sprint your right there

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 19/04/2012 02:01  

as an avid ducati fan (well i guess as last 9 bikes have been ducs, i guess addict is better) the quality control of electronics and reliability went through the roof when texas pasific took over a couple of years ago (oh i`m getting old. maybe 18?) so audi (vw, scoda) may be a good thing, lets see! i`d like electric seat and air con please mr german.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 22/04/2012 20:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email