MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

tattoos !!

tattoos !! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] tattoos !! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

tattoos !!

LHH , take heed of good advice given , shop around the bigger studios with your design and avoid the small backstreet artists even if only for health reasons ...good luck with your choice of tat and tatooist

Update Reply
excalibur @ 04/09/2009 07:59  

Depending on the size of the tat you want you can do it in sittings, that way you don’t have to pay it all at once just pay a set price per hour, I did this with one of mine, i still paid the same price just broke up into two sittings, but like all the others have already said check out his/her work before you go <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/09/2009 09:07  

Don't leave a gap of YEARS tho or the tattooist may not still be in business or the ink from the first part may have faded

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/09/2009 09:12  

Hello LHitch,,,, Can ecommend a fab place inCardiff.......Can I say it here?? Will pm u,,,,,In case I get told off,,,, But they were wonderfull..... Ps : U are buying a fantastic skill from an trained or gifted artist... And it lasts a lifetime (+)..... u brouht up in this throwaway society then...Tut....They have morgages/rent ,,families same as anyone else.... RRuby x

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 05/09/2009 17:34  

Hey all well i've done it ...gone and had new tattoo ....it is very special to me is a dragon of course but wrote through it in chinese is my sons name.... I hope the dragon looks after him over the next 7mths he is afghan and brings him home to me in one peice.... my tatts are on my profile pics if your interested

Update Reply
jabecs @ 06/09/2009 22:41  

LHH I can only agree with what people have said on here, I have a tat that was designed for me by someone who has now passed on. (It was a divorce gift, lol , my ex always said i could have a tat over his dead boby, divorce was as close as I got!) so it holds a lot of meaning for me ... Anyways as it had faded qite a lot as the years had passed I wanted it redoing, Its a pegasus in flight & there is a lot of detail in the feathers on the wings, so on my travels round to see if anyone could do it I asked to see pics of thier fine line work. I managed to find someone very local who had a good rep, pics that I could see of tats that he had done & he was great. Now my baby son (19) works for him designing tats & does a lot of one off designs for people.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/09/2009 07:54  

well its only 4 more days till I get my next tat, a pressie from my lady, its gonna go right across my back, 4 hours !!!! ouch, then booking a large tribal one on my chest........hopefully pics will be on sun/monday !!!!!thanks LC xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2009 17:44  

IANS back and tats eeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 06/10/2009 17:58  

hey, we have big fans of tats on here so i am gonna put them up before peeps ask.....cheeky git !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2009 18:01  

Cant decide what i should get ........ so any suggestions?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/10/2009 19:20  

It has to be a ray of sunshine BJ.! You cheer so many of us up on here that you ought to make it official !

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 06/10/2009 21:36  

Alice ah thank you , in fact if i had it on my ample butt i cud prob get a whole sunset skyline and all of birmingham with a rainbow lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/10/2009 21:37  

Now THAT'S what I call creative !!!!!!!!!!!! Go for it and remember to post the pics!!! lol

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 06/10/2009 21:43  

Mite have to get a very brave soul with a panoramic camera to take that pic !!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/10/2009 21:44  

. . . .and a very steady hand!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 06/10/2009 21:49  

and carrying a bucket .....................

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/10/2009 21:53  

. . . .or a white stick ??????????????? Soz. . couldn't resist that one XX

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 06/10/2009 21:54  

Alice think u have actually hit the nail on the head there thanks for the idea lol sorted

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/10/2009 22:01  

having a tat done is like a nice massage but less painful lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 06/10/2009 23:37  

My few pence worth on ink and artists are as follows. On expense they will last as long as the wearer does and probably a few weeks longer barring cremation. Personally i have found that if you go into a shop and the artist wants to do a original piece he or she is worth looking into. The type of shop that knocks out hundreds of poor quality pieces of rubbish day in day out will not have the skills to consider it. As has been said, check the quality of the work and when you find someone to do your piece listen to what they have to say about placement and composition as they are the expert. It should be a joint process to arrive at the permanent work you are both happy with. If i use someone new i will often hang around in a shop until the artist refuses to do a piece of work on ethical grounds as i find this shows a certain amount of care for the 'trade'. Just had another last week but thinking about it i still have a fair bit of clear canvas to work with, no i do like voodoo candy skulls.........image search methinks!

Update Reply
BOSH @ 07/10/2009 09:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email