MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (13) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (13) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

Progress Update
==============

Projected Labour Hours: 512.
Already completed: 418.
Percent complete: 82%.
Estimated completion date: 27/03/2018

I hope to launch the new website in October. Not fully complete, but at least with most features ready. The finishing touches will take a little into 2018 to complete

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/09/2017 23:39  

Hey Matt, interested in your comment in chat that 'chat flap will be available to all'. So my question is what will a full membership give on top of a standard membership?

I only ask as my membership is up for renewal in the next couple of months and I am wondering is it worth renewing? If I can post AND use chat which is mainly what I do, as a standard member is there really any need to upgrade?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/09/2017 00:13  

Hey Lindsay, I saw your question in the chatroom and replied but I think you was already offline.

It's always worth renewing. Without subs from you guys there will be no more BM!

But, the new site will probably be similar to the old website. I want to try something crazy though and enable more of the new site for standard members, while locking down the old website for full members.... for now.

I hope that drives people over from the old site to the new site.

Then once the old site goes completely offline I can start making the new site similar in setup.

In any case it will always be necessary, on both sites, to upgrade if you want to start a new conversation. It's the best way to keep spammers out

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/09/2017 08:15  

Send button on PM message box still encroaches on the bottom of the text box.

Can the button be set to auto expand as text is being added?

Might help...

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 18/09/2017 19:36  

Minimum length of forum posts reduced to 10.

PM send button moved a little more and the margin on the text increased

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/09/2017 19:57  

Just checked photo viewing / editing in My Profile tab.

Viewing other members photos works great.
But..viewing my own functions differently.

It automatically opens edit mode - which limits viewing size and disables scroll option.

Can the two modes be separated for the accountholder?

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 18/09/2017 20:22  

OK Matt...just tested new location of send button on PMs as well as text box margins on:-

iPhone
iPad
Windows desktop

The send button is still too close...can it move down a bit further?
The text box is also still a bit small on iPhone...so it needs configuring with a smaller viewing area in mind.

A larger text box if possible would help..we're talking the equivalent of approx one line

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 18/09/2017 20:59  

PM Send button moved down some more. Ok now?

Forum post minimum length changed to just 3 characters because of the word games

Nick you should be able to open your own profile. But don't go via the My Account page, just go to Profiles \ Browse and type in your name. See how it goes for me please. It should work fine as it's no different than anyone else viewing your profile.

Can't understand the word-splitting, doesn't do it for me (and is programmed not to do it). We'll discuss further via PM with you.

Squashy faces... this is because someone posts an extremely tall/wide photo and the site has difficulty fitting it into a square. I need to try and improve it somehow. If you open the accounts though you'll probably see they have some silly aspect ratio on their photo. If I program the site to cut out the middle though then you might only see the belly/legs of someone rather than the face. It'd really help if folks would use normal square/rectangle photos as close to 1:1 ratio as possible.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/09/2017 22:19  

And thanks for the positive feedback. Been a LOT of work, much more than expected. I've had fun with some bits and stress with others. I'm glad the feedback is becoming more and more positive now, often privately though.
if you like the new site - please speak up! I'm still hearing about some folks complaining offline (at events, over the phone etc) with other BMers because they don't like the change. So, if you do like it - please say so here so those who don't like it see that they are (hopefully) in the minority

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/09/2017 22:20  

Here's the items still needing to be created, then we can launch!

events - lift tab
events - attendees tab
forum style - want to change the colours/design a bit
profiles - my events
profiles - my forum posts
events - add new event

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/09/2017 08:26  

No change on Send button on PMs...still losing the most recent characters typed in behind it.

The photo album in My Profile -
The config settings seem to work differently for the user logged in.
Other people's profiles look and function as they should.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 19/09/2017 08:48  

Added: Events to profiles

Added: "Last Post" info to the forum topics page when using mobile

Tweaked: Some graphical issues in forums

Fixed: Words splitting over 2 lines when using Internet Explorer.

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/09/2017 21:36  

Added: Forums to profiles

Fixed: Links to profiles broken on forums (search page)

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/09/2017 22:05  

Hi Matt,

not sure if I've missed this in the 15 pages but is the Profile Views feature being transferred to the new site?

Really liking the look/feel - much more slick, less clunky, nice and dynamic.

Update Reply
DaytonaRik @ 22/09/2017 11:08  

Oh yes, good one, totally forget (even though it had been mentioned before). Whoops. I'll add to my list, thanks for the reminder

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/09/2017 08:52  

Welcome to the site by the way! Glad you like the new version

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/09/2017 08:53  

Added: "Add Event" page.
Direct link: https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/events/add-event.asp

This page now validates your input, to hopefully stop all the problems we've had until now with people (for example) putting an end date earlier than the start date (which hides even from the moderators).

I am going to disable the old page for adding events because I found some serious security problems with it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/10/2017 22:04  

Added: "Profile Views". Who you viewed and who has viewed you. I've put it onto the My Account \ Profile page (on the old site it was under the Communicator page, but that page is already too full now on the new site). Direct link...
https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/myaccount/?tab=profile

Removed: Nods list will not be shown on the new website. Instead, each nod will trigger a new private message to the person you're nodding. I couldn't find any space to make a "Nods" list anymore as the tabs barely fit onto mobile screens as it is now.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/10/2017 22:58  

Added: Events attending list.

Almost finished the main pages now and getting ready to switch the site! Exciting times. Been working on this since February or so

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/10/2017 15:24  

ADDED: Events lift requests. What a ball-ache that was, glad it's finally done. Been putting it off for a while.

Also, when you offer someone a lift, it will automagically send them a PM from you with a link to the event.
Likewise if you delete your offer of a request, or your lift request, then it will send a PM saying you removed it.

This is a good way to meet new folks as well as making the site much more social. I hope to see the feature being used more in the future.

===================

And that, folks, is BMv2 pretty much ready for launch! I'm going to send out PMs asking for more feedback.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/10/2017 21:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email