MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW FEATURE: Forums v2

NEW FEATURE: Forums v2 (4) - Forums [Biker Match] NEW FEATURE: Forums v2 (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW FEATURE: Forums v2

JP are you using phone or PC?
What kind of device?
What browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc)

Does it look ok on another device for you?

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/09/2016 08:48  

Matt, check out the post by Wills in the Squires xmas lunch thread. When people try to add their names to the list it doesn't so much post them as merge them into an unitelligible mess. We need bullet points back.

Update Reply
Double six @ 27/09/2016 01:19  

laptop works fine but problem is mobile phone I have a HTC.
Cut and paste works on my laptop for the squires christmas dinner

Update Reply
JP @ 27/09/2016 02:43  

Copy/paste works fine. That's a function not specific to the website but to individual browsers.

Lists are a HTML feature no longer available. I'll see if i can put them back in but I doubt it.

Best thing you can do is just put an arrow or hyphen at the start of each line, like this...

>Item 1
>Item 2
-Item 3
-Item 4
1) Etc
2) You see?
3) Tra la la.

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/09/2016 11:02  

This really doesn't work on my mobile a HTC one
On the plus side I can use a icon now

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 30/09/2016 20:31  

Hey mate, when you say "this" what do you mean exactly? What happens?

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/10/2016 08:47  

Trying to write a post the cursor is very big and the letters do not show up and it only seems to work once I've hit the shift button a couple of times and more the once the post reply button isn't there.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 01/10/2016 09:29  

ok that's just weird Should work just fine on all basic-but-modern browsers.
Nothing from 10 years ago for example.

Try installing Chrome as a browser on your phone. Works perfect.

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/10/2016 12:46  

little update: Fixed a bug that allowed people to post into old forum topics or topics that had been locked by a moderator. Now the "Post Reply" box will give an information message

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/10/2016 19:02  

And another update...
Everyone will be able to use the forums and chatroom for the first 90 days after they join BM.

I want to see if this gets the forums/chatroom more active WITHOUT spammers posting crap all over the place.

Please remember to report any posts which require attentions from the moderators.

Thanks
Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/10/2016 19:17  

JP, I've made some changes to the font size around the site when viewed on mobiles.

Can you please tell me if that has fixed your problem?

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/10/2016 18:22  

Someone has managed to break the " my posts " bit already , its not showing up x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2016 19:39  

Where do you mean? On the forums search or on your personal profile? What does it show you?

On the forums it'll only show if you're logged in

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/10/2016 18:57  

On the forums , but its back now x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2016 13:36  

Silly bug fixed which caused the forum search results to be hidden on mobile devices if there was only 1 page of results.

Actually took me ages to figure out what the hell was happening - then I had to kick myself when I found it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/10/2016 21:23  

There used to be an icon against the forum topics indicating that you'd posted in a particular thread.
I don't miss it in the games and general chat forums, but it did help to highlight new posts in the Newbies forum that I hadn't posted a welcome reply to, and it was useful to follow threads in Events & Rides Out that I'd posted in.
Don't know if it's an all-or-nothing forum fix or if anyone else found it useful - any comments????

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 23/11/2016 14:02  

I'll look into it for you.

There's a checkbox now on the forum filters so you can find your own posts, but it doesn't work the opposite way (showing you topics you haven't posted in).

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/11/2016 21:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email