Sticky Clutch on a new Honda CB500X

2 Posts | Latest reply on 07/04/2016 19:17:37 by JP | Go to original / last post
TheDirger's Profile
TheDirger

In: Camberley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I was out on a 2015 model CB500X recently and had some strange behaviour from the clutch. I had been riding for a couple of hours and stopped at a roundabout. I pulled in the clutch to change to 1st and the lever stuck - I had to manually push it back. After a couple of minutes of trying - the clutch leaver returned to normal and it hasnt repeated again (yet). Its IS new and due for a 600 mile service. Has anyone seen this sort of behaviour before and if so, any suggestions?
Thanks in anticipation..

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
60% Karma60% Karma 60% Karma60% Karma

Sounds like it could be dangerous if the problem was reversed and you couldn't stop. I would have it back in the dealership asap

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2017 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.0469 seconds. There are 892 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption