MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Standard members can send 5 msgs free

Standard members can send 5 msgs free (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Standard members can send 5 msgs free (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Standard members can send 5 msgs free

Actually - small apology - I realise there are two biker match pages on facebook - your one is not so blatant (and thankfully nowhere near as misogynist as the biker-match.net site!)

Update Reply
SouthLondonPhil @ 17/05/2012 10:16  

Hi Phil, if you re-read the blurb of Biker Match you will see it isn't misleading or inaccurate, and all social sites, that are fee paying, state the same. It IS free to join, and to search, it only becomes a paying deal when contact is required. That is the same whichever site you are on and has been so for many years. I remember how I felt the first time it happened to me years ago, I spent flaming ages filling in a form to become a member (on another site, not BM) and then when I wanted to contact someone up popped a notice telling me to cough up the fee; and that fee was a lot more than Biker Match's. I too thought it was misleading and inaccurate, til I re-read it. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying your time with us and that you find from it what you are looking for.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/05/2012 12:17  

Hi Sandi - yep, enjpying the site. I guess my post was more a response to the posting from Matt above that seems to take offence at standard member using the site " Each standard member draining an extra % of resources. Then full members complain that the server was "running slow at the weekend" for example while FreebieJohn was skimming all around the site. " If a service is offered to free or 'standard' members, we shouldn't bemoan them using it! Sorry - I don't think the blurb is misleading, but the emphasis is: 1 Create a profile Be seen by great potential new friends with your own FREE profile! 2 Search for people Use the FREE search tools to see photos of people near you! 3 Connect! Then simply contact people you find for fun or romance! This is on the home page before logging in - step three doesn't mention payment for contacting people beyond a certain point. Anyhow, I'm not wanting this to come across all ranty or taking offence, but just more as a gentle observation - we should be welcoming of standard members and encourage them to take advantage of the full membership, rather than making statements that make them sound like second class! Take care P

Update Reply
SouthLondonPhil @ 17/05/2012 13:49  

I was a standard member for just a couple of days or so, I thought the site was worthing paying for and did just that. I think its good that standard members can have a free trial and send a few messages to see if they like it. At the end of the day most things in life have to be paid for at some point.
In my short time on this site I have recomended it to five others and four have joined, word of mouth is best advertising around,better than other social networking sites

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 17/05/2012 19:53  

Ah righto Phil, I see what you mean. Point taken. Perhaps when Matt has time he should think about rewording the home/rules page? Personally I think the rules page is over long and probably the reason why a lot of folk don't read it before they use the site. Nice one Todd, the site needs more male members, the ladies outnumber the males.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/05/2012 02:13  

and barners albeit physcho ones lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/05/2012 09:29  

Barners? What are they Jackie?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/05/2012 09:38  

Just wanted to refresh this topic for newbies and those members that have returned after some time away. Some members are a little put out when their profiles are edited to remove the 'standard member' reference, but Matt explains why in his first post.

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 19/10/2012 22:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email