MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

gsxr 1000 k7.

gsxr 1000 k7. - Forums [Biker Match] gsxr 1000 k7. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

gsxr 1000 k7.

hi 2 you all ...i have a gsxr 1000 k7..im short in the leg department so i bought a lowering kit and have fitted it .now with this kit you can highting it or lower the bike on the rear ....iv lowerd mine 1 1/2 inches .....feet now touch the ground....what i would like to know is should i lower the front forks abit to level the bike. and if so by how much. thanks hope you can help.

Update Reply
ramrod @ 05/11/2011 16:50  

By lowering the back end you have increased rake and trail.
As I've no idea by how much I can't say how it will affect handling so I'd suggest you treat it as an unfamiliar bike and see how it feels across the speed range. I very much doubt that an after market kit would alter the geometry to the point it becomes dangerous but it will be different and will probably respond in an unfamiliar way especially under heavy breaking.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 06/11/2011 15:57  

you should lower the front by the same amount Ramrod, to keep the rake and trail on the front forks the same

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 06/11/2011 19:06  

But be careful when cornering as it all will closer to the ground, and you may have to shorten the side stand as the bike will be almost upright when the side stand is down.

Update Reply
ayjay @ 22/11/2011 16:59  

Hi, drop the front by 50%of the rear drop and you will be ok you may find as i did that when cornering mofe your foot back[ toe on peg] or the toe of your boot wont last long. and yes as the other guy said grind back the stop on your side stand to suit. chris

Update Reply
christof @ 22/11/2011 18:02  

Hi, drop the front by 50%of the rear drop and you will be ok you may find as i did that when cornering move your foot back[ toe on peg] or the toe of your boot wont last long. and yes as the other guy said grind back the stop on your side stand to suit. chris

Update Reply
christof @ 22/11/2011 18:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email