MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Batteries

Batteries - Forums [Biker Match] Batteries - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Batteries

Hi just my opinion here but may help someone, For the cost of around £25-£35 I fit an Acumate (there are others on the market) battery charger to my bikes. Just 2 simple connections to the battery into one lead that can be poked in a crevase under the seat but allows me to charge the battery without taking battery out or removing anything just attach it to the charger and charge it up every now n then seems to do the trick and have fitted them to all my bikes..Also as a rule when I buy a bike (second hand projects usually) I usually invest in a new battery as not sure of the condition or how long the one with bike has been left at least then I know the batterys age and its started in good condition... Anyone agree/disagree or got any other useful products/advice

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 20/07/2011 16:22  

spot on mate !!! with you all the way on both

Update Reply
mickyd @ 20/07/2011 18:45  

Yep there a must if you park your bike up over the winter your battery will probley be stuffed unless you keep running your bike. not forgetting you shouldnt use a car charger on a bike battery as there to higher ampage and can stuff your battery

Update Reply
JP @ 20/07/2011 18:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email