MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

tiger 1050

tiger 1050 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] tiger 1050 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

tiger 1050

Hi Russ and Clive , coming to you first Russ fuel consumption is between 40-50 MPG so not bad i guess ? and Clive how do i bypass the o2 sensor ? thanks for your input .

Update Reply
mickyd @ 18/07/2011 21:02  

i have no idea i got the info from a bloke on ebay i am watching one on ebay and its on there

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2011 20:29  

Hi Clive , I have ordered one from a guy in greece ???? apparently its a case of tracing the cable back from the sensor until you get to the connector at the loom end , disconnect it and plug the bypass plug in ? will it work ???? but he seems to have lots of satisfied buyers .

Update Reply
mickyd @ 20/07/2011 21:35  

whats the tiger like last few weeks they all seem to selll just that little above my limit i need a big bike myself hopefully with room for a pillion well a smalll one at least

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2011 23:50  

Hi Clive , Well apart from my niggle with the rattle its a great bike the engine pulls like a train easy to ride and fairly comfy , that said it is quite tall but not top heavy like the previous model , i would recommend a test ride and see for yourself ?

Update Reply
mickyd @ 21/07/2011 17:27  

top heavy all bikes are top heavy when i sit on them its why i am limited to what i ride i am amased at my little bike i got now it copes well with me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2011 12:55  

My Tiger is also noisy on tickover, caused by (mainly) 2 things.

1) Clutch - It's noisy when it's sitting and ticking, as soon as I pull the lever in this noise goes away. It's been checked at the dealer and all is well. I've made only a minor adjustment on the cable to move the bite point to somewhere more comfortable.

2) Injectors - They seem a noisy tick to my ear, I can't hear them at all once I get up and above 3,000rpm and the engine still pulls great all the way round the tacho.

I came from a ྟ Bandit 600 to this so I've put a lot of the "I wonder if this is normal..." down to it being completely different from the Bandit.
It still annoys me to hear the old "They all do that, Sir" but all is mechanically well.

Now, if only I could source the intermittent metallic rattle at 4,500rpm I'd be a VERY happy man!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2011 18:12  

Hi Stat , Thanks for your comments , it seems as though we are just being a bit sensitive to noises...... I also had a bandit prior to the tiger ... on the plus side i have fitted a booster plug to mine now and it has transformed the tickover and running of the bike ... good stuff

Update Reply
mickyd @ 16/09/2011 21:20  

It's still running very well, no gripes with it at all aside from my previous post.

Which booster plug have you fitted?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/09/2011 13:18  

Hi Stat , i have now fitted the mk2 version of the booster plug , works a treat and easy to fit to ...

Update Reply
mickyd @ 19/09/2011 18:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email