MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

ebike mm or ee by gum?

ebike mm or ee by gum? - Forums [Biker Match] ebike mm or ee by gum? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

ebike mm or ee by gum?

Last year I changed my bike insurers, from Carole Gash to ebike insurance. Carole Nash quoted me £133.45 ebike quoted me £94.50 for exact same cover, a saving of £38.45 I've just received my renewal document from ebike Good news - includes a 5% discount for being a renewal customer Good news - £11.81 cheaper than last year - £82.69 Bad news - cheaper cos it doesn't include breakdown or homestart cover Bad news - breakdown and homestart cover is an extra £39.90, reason for this, according to ebike 'following customer feedback UK breakdown is no longer included as part of your policy benefits' What customer feedback? I certainly wasn't asked when they did their customer survey, IF they did one. Why would anyone NOT want breakdown and homestart cover?? Good news - my bike is on a SORN so I don't need the extra cover, chuffing good thing I don't at THAT price! Good news - I don't have to pay owt as my son is paying it for me as my birthday pressie, aww bless So much for ebike being heaps cheaper when you first ask for a quote, turns out they're as bad as the other companies when it comes to their next quote. Moral to story? It pays to shop around... Maybe one day all insurance companies will get the message that all we want is a reasonable quote and not to be ripped off? Duck!! there's a pig flying overhead. Rant over! (It's safe to come out now)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/06/2007 15:24  

lol kwak

Update Reply
earthwind @ 08/06/2007 17:34  

Try express insurance. I found them better than everybody else. Before i had my VL1500 Iwas paying £800 TPFT for my blade. I moved 3 miles and it went to £350 full comp. They were better by a £100 than anyone else.

Update Reply
rattler @ 08/06/2007 18:24  

Cheers rattler, I won't be needing another quote til next year now but I'll be doing my usual shop-around. I think they're all the same really, if they quote low on your first one the year after the price shoots up.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/06/2007 19:20  

also want to try highway they have just quoted mw £83 tpft on my fzr 1000..........ooook i know im an ol git but still cheap

Update Reply
gsrider @ 08/06/2007 20:07  

Everyone who says they're old ends up being YOUNGER than ME lol @ you being old but still cheap I'm hoping when (more like IF) I pass my test the insurance will be cheaper, and maybe I'll get it cheaper next year when I'm fift..fif...no, I can't bring meself to say it

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/06/2007 20:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email