MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Lowered foot pegs

Lowered foot pegs - Forums [Biker Match] Lowered foot pegs - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Lowered foot pegs

I know a few people have fitted bar risers to their bikes to improve comfort but does anyone have any experience with altering the footpegs? I get a lot of knee pain from my bike that I didn't get on the CG so can only presume it's from the more cramped leg position.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 30/05/2011 19:33  

If you lower your pegs you will alter the ground clearence on corners ?

Update Reply
JP @ 30/05/2011 20:52  

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=384

Try that, I believe they are good, although it's not something I have ever had an issue with

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/05/2011 21:06  

That's an obvious concern JP but I think I'm a fair way off scraping the pegs. I'm also only looking at moving them down and forward by an inch and if that didn't improve things then I either keep taking the painkillers and lots of stops or maybe change the bike but I don't want to do that. Cheers for the link Shell but they're for a Deauville and nothing showing for a CBR6.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 30/05/2011 21:58  

rach, when i had the gsxr 750 k7, you could take the footpegs off and there were three factory fitted mounting positions, from stock, maybe worth a look to see if yours can also do the same

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 22:01  

Talk the foot pegs off? Is that like talking the hind legs off a donkey coz I'm quite good at that!
Thanks for the suggestion, I shall make sure G knows what you've said and get him to check. I have the same issue with G's pillion pegs and we saw a couple at H-le-H last weekend with lowered pegs and she thought they were great.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 30/05/2011 22:09  

spelling edited, yes the gixer had three postions, took minutes to change and did make a difference, hope it helps, i would be surprised if yours didnt also have the same

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 22:14  

Very few bikes have adjustable pegs. Good idea though.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 30/05/2011 22:18  

its the mounting positions of the pegs geoff, undo the bolts and there may well be forther mounting holes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 22:22  

1st she needs to know how we clean our helmets now there talking about mounting holes don't know where this site is going next

Update Reply
JP @ 31/05/2011 07:03  

I noticed whilst pillying on Sunday that my ankles and legs ached more than ever before, and I put this down to wearing proper riding trousers and boots. I put my discomfort down to my attire being bulkier and more movement restrictive. Does that mean, (and this is a genuine question) that the pilly pegs would need to be moved?

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 31/05/2011 07:33  

PMSL @ JP...just where does your mind reside young man! That's a good point BL, I suffer more pain when I wear the thermal lining of my trousers. I get swelling in the legs as well as pain and the material at the back of the knee seems to bite, if that makes sense. I've considered cutting a circle of material out behind the knee as I don't get cold there. What bike are you pillying on BL? Geoff's got a CB1300 which you'd think would be comfortable but the pegs are quite high really. My trousers are textiles, can't get leathers to fit.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 31/05/2011 08:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email