MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Insurance

Insurance - Forums [Biker Match] Insurance - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Insurance

I bought myself a bobber based on a 84 Virago 750 custom back end and paint with a few things done to it, anyone got any idea of a cheap insurance....

I have got another bike VFR 800 Vtec so maybe someone knows of an insurer who does a block policy?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 14:13  

try MCE johnny, there really good !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2011 14:15  

Cheers Ian, you would have thought there would be a few more people offering wisdom here?????????????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/05/2011 16:19  

i just know, when i phoned MCE to swap bikes last week theres a recorded ad whilst your on hold saying about multi bike policies, i am sire they wont be beaten,hope it helps

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/05/2011 16:24  

Tried them before and they were £150 more than the best I had ....... like most insurance companies it seems that its luck as to who you get on the end of the phone at the time.

And you dont know how good an insurance company actually is until you claim.

Theres loads of companies do multi bike policies, having had up to 4 bikes all at the same time myself.

Ring round through the yellow pages

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 12:11  

MCE have a really bad reputatation as some people have mentioned on BM before. Search for the threads to confirm.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 30/05/2011 15:56  

MCE have a VERY VERY bad rep here, lots of BM members have been screwed over by them. I gave MCE the chance to reply to our members' concerns but they didn't bother. Therefore it's our recommendation that you don't touch MCE.

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/05/2011 20:30  

nice one lads I will do the yellow pages me thinks unless someone out there has a suggestion for a company...come on someone must have some info on an actual insurance hawk who will play fair ( I won't hold my breath) lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 22:22  

wow ....lamb to the slaughter, i was with carole nash for 8 years, then the renewal came through for the vz1600, it was 293.00 fully comp with breakdown and to ride any bike 3rd party, went on line for a quote and MCE quoted 113.00 for exactly the same !!! so sorry if some folk had bad experiences with them but the figures say it for them selves im my case, but like suggested phone round, or try bike insurer comparison site johnny thats where i got my quote from, and didnt need to speak to anyone !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 22:27  

John ...I seem to remember Drobess using ebike for her 2 ..... She has had an accident as you know and I dont think she has had any complaints on service.

Hope your well John

Update Reply
jabecs @ 30/05/2011 22:30  

Well I used Bennetts as my broker for the last two years and was insured by Equity Red Star.

When renewal came through this time for both bikes I almost fell over!!!

Called Swinton who have a multi-bike policy and got the same cover for over £200 less!!!!!

Ans guess what? The underwriter is Equity Red Star!!!! Go figure!

As has been said I would phone round and see what you can get because most of the time it's the deal the brokers do that saves the money!!

Update Reply
RobL @ 31/05/2011 15:59  

An example from a friend... 1 Ducati 10yrs old..... bikesure = £240.09 1 Ducati 10yrs old, 2 kawasaki zx10, 1 suzuki gsxf... footman james = £275.46 Try them all, pain in the rear, but worth shopping around!!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 31/05/2011 16:28  

Remember it's not just the price guys... read the small print, try contacting customer services, etc etc. Carol Nash were always fantastic for me once I reached 21. Before I was 21 they wouldn't even touch me

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/05/2011 20:02  

Carol Nash !!!! .... spit spit spit spit... just IMHO

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 31/05/2011 21:30  

I find being ancient and riding something oldish keeps my insurance fairly cheap,Footman James cheapish but don't answer phone after 5pm

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 31/05/2011 22:50  

Hello Johnny, Have you tried confused.com? I’ve recently been ripped off by Adelaide Insurance who are affiliated with the IAM. Most would think in theory for advanced riders would gain cheaper insurance. This was not the case. It turns out Bennetts through confused.com were £67 cheaper!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2011 01:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email