MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Virus Warning Please Read

Virus Warning Please Read - Forums [Biker Match] Virus Warning Please Read - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Virus Warning Please Read

DELETED BY ADMIN (Matt). Please do not circulate junk/spam/hoax messages on BikerMatch

Update Reply
clarkee @ 11/05/2011 09:34  

Some virus warnings can be a hoax, check them out by following the link, there you'll find a list of them http://antivirus.about.com/od/emailhoaxes/l/blenhoax.htm

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/05/2011 10:06  

Also Microsoft do not classify virus'. This is done by security agencies. These type of messages are in themsleves a form of spam as they are relying on prople to follow the instructions and post to the people in their contacts list!

Update Reply
RobL @ 11/05/2011 10:41  

checked your link not listed looks like this is a real one DOA

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/05/2011 10:50  

Don't open anything you weren't expecting to get. Consider all unsolicited mail as junk and you shouldn't fall foul of the buggers. MSN keep sending me mail and directing it to my JUNK box LOL you'd think they'd have more faith in their own mail

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/05/2011 10:59  

Hey, was just trying to be helpful. Everyone has the choice to ignore or act on any information they receive.

Update Reply
clarkee @ 11/05/2011 11:18  

This message warns recipients to watch out for emails with an attachment called "Black in the White House". A later version changes the wording slightly to "Black Muslim in the White House". The message warns that opening the attachment will launch a destructive computer virus that will "burn" the hard drive of the recipient's computer thereby damaging it beyond repair. Supposedly, the virus destroys the "Zero Sector" on the infected computer's hard drive. According to the warning, the virus has been classified as the "most destructive ever" by Microsoft and CNN.However, the information in the message is untrue. There is no a virus like the one described in the warning. In fact, the warning is just a newer incarnation of an older virus hoax that has circulated for several years............

or like sandi wrote if your not sure dont open it .............

Update Reply
nellie @ 11/05/2011 11:35  

Wasn't having a go clarkee! Just that I see this every day and we have thousands of these hit our servers each day! As you say it is up to each but I just thought the more information about these things people have the better they can evaluate the situation!

Update Reply
RobL @ 11/05/2011 11:52  

A couple of simple tips if you recieve email that you think is dodgy,,

1.dont open it in the first place.
2. if you think it may be from a friend because it says it is!, phone them up and ask them giving the time it was sent.
3. delete without opening suspect mail , then run a security scan over the entire pc.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 11/05/2011 16:45  

I have to say i'm surprised at how many banks the company i work for has and how many times they issue security alerts that someone has hacked the companies bank accounts and that I need to take action and click on the link...... needless to say the spam box i monitor wastes my time on a daily basis!!!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 11/05/2011 16:49  

deleted original message text. leaving this topic up to let people know NOT to share this junk on BM. I hate when I get emails like this (or all the recurring spam that gets circulated around Facebook, grrrrr)

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/05/2011 19:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email