MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Your opinion please

Your opinion please - Forums [Biker Match] Your opinion please - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Your opinion please

As I mentioned once before I started out biking on a cheap little Chinese import 125. There were issues, but one thing that couldnt be faulted was how easy and relaxed it was to ride and how nice it looked with all the chrome and detailing. I currently have a big boring looking Suzuki 1100. It goes like a demon but to be honest, as long as it can get me out of trouble and can cruise nicely at 80... I'm happy. I have been looking at the Virago 535 or 750 as a replacement - based purely on the looks admittedly. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of what they are like to ride? or can anyone suggest others of a similar cruiser style that they like.

Update Reply
dazpants @ 26/05/2007 22:47  

I've got one of those little chinese cruisers and she's lovely, so far so good! It'll do me 'til I can make me mind up wot I really want and as I don't know anyone round here with a bike I just made a decision, right or wrong in some peeps eyes I can't help with the answer to this one soz daz but from listening to others on the site it looks as tho it's a case of go take it on the road and see how you feel! xx

Update Reply
Di @ 27/05/2007 06:09  

oh lord how it pains me to agree with thomsondiane, but...(argh)...she's...(pant's)....right,(teeth gritted, eyes crossed and in need of the loo).... Jump on one mate and go for a spin, then jump on another and do the same....repeat as necessary and when it feels good buy the thing and be dammened the opinions of the rest.safe riding matey!

Update Reply
whoops @ 27/05/2007 11:00  

Deffo in for a beating!

Update Reply
Di @ 27/05/2007 11:07  

is that barking i hear??, but an absense of bite i fear.......

Update Reply
whoops @ 27/05/2007 11:11  

Silly boy

Update Reply
Di @ 27/05/2007 11:15  

Daz, try the Virago Star Owners Club http://www.vsoc.org.uk They will probably have loads of info and advice on the Virago. I like the Suzuki Intruder 125 because the specs are similar to my last bike but I don't have any info on the bigger CC models.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/05/2007 18:04  

Thanks all - sound advice as always. And cheers Kwak. If theres a link you always seem to know what it is.

Update Reply
dazpants @ 27/05/2007 22:22  

You're welcome Daz. lol it's cos I like doing research, I'm a nosey neb. Let us know what you learn about the Virago and what you decide to choose.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/05/2007 23:01  

Suzuki do a intruder 800 a couple of mates have them, nice if ya like cleaning the chrome not my cuppa tea i like me tourers

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 28/05/2007 16:12  

the only thing you have to be carefull of with the 750 is the starter motors pack up on them and they are about £180 to replace 2nd hand ones are nearly impossible to find

Update Reply
gsrider @ 28/05/2007 16:19  

Kwak is quite correct The VSOC is your answer. I am a full member myself, took the liberty of looking at your profile and see you are from blackpool. Type in VSOC and look for centre 6. I would reccomend the virago, i had them them for 15 years, great comutors and you can throw them about.

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 28/05/2007 17:28  

Thanks again all. I quite like the cleaning bit Graham. I find it therapeu... therapu.... it stops me banging my head against walls. I've looked at the VSOC site and have added it to my faves list. I kinda like your bike lcot. Very smooth honey.

Update Reply
dazpants @ 29/05/2007 20:15  

Bit like yaself eh daz?

Update Reply
Di @ 30/05/2007 04:30  

hey, and who doesn't like a smoothie huh?

Update Reply
whoops @ 30/05/2007 11:10  

Oh Di, you say such sweet things - if edged with just a HINT of sarcastic wit.

Update Reply
dazpants @ 30/05/2007 11:47  

Me? Sarcastic? Never!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 30/05/2007 11:51  

Quote whoops (or woosh as E W calls ya) hey, and who doesn't like a smoothie huh? I've never had a smoothie, I quite fancy a chocolate flavoured one

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/05/2007 12:15  

errr oh no kwak did i get his name wrong then just a sec let me check, oh no another apology Im sorry whoops!! senility is setting in better start looking for an oufit (side car and bike set) (biker twin set) and pearly finish on the body work lmao

Update Reply
earthwind @ 30/05/2007 21:31  

but I still knew who ya meant hun

Update Reply
Di @ 31/05/2007 10:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email