MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What do you wear?

What do you wear? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] What do you wear? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What do you wear?

Baby Lotion works well on leather and the leather get damaged if you dry it out on heat, if you let it dry naturally it will be ok.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 24/02/2011 07:44  

Leather for me any time,bought my jacket at a sunday market for £60 years ago,good quality thick leather,nice and supple and it's shaped at the back so no problems with gaps.Leather trousers have lace up sides so I wear jeans underneath in the winter and in the summer,just the leathers.Warm in the winter and cool in the summer.I treat all my leather gear regularly (took em to the pictures last week!) I use leather oil about once a month and that keeps them nice and supple and waterproof in all but the heaviest rain,then I just get wet,my skin is waterproof. I've never been one for waterproof gear,never really wear it and I ride all the year round.Cant wear any of this armour stuff either,I find it very restrictive

Update Reply
pondlife @ 24/02/2011 11:42  

Textiles for me every time

Jackets far more practicle and comfy to wear touring, leather I found was only really good for short journeys (and textiles u don't look like ur wearing a baby romper suit ).

Trousers while leather is harder wearing new textiles are just a good for protection. I decided to try this out 3 years ago on Nurburgring at 130 and walked away from incident

I agree with geoffb2005 on one major point though is you need to protect ur legs. Your hands and legs are one of the first things that will hit the ground. Hit the road with out decent protection then anything over 30 forget walking away.

Oh and don't wear 5 year old lids that have been kicked up and down the place as they won't save ya neither. Part of my duties is mortuary cover and you can say what ever u like on here but we see end results

Wear the gear what ever it is you choose

Update Reply
madscots @ 25/02/2011 09:55  

I bought in my niaevity (sorry bout the spelling), leathers, but now i'm converting to Gortex xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2011 21:27  

harley davidson outlander steel toe capped boots, combats, hoodie, leather waistcote, shorty helmet, black mask and shades.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2011 21:32  

is that just in bed ian?

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 28/02/2011 12:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email