MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

On Line Theory Tests

On Line Theory Tests - Forums [Biker Match] On Line Theory Tests - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

On Line Theory Tests

Hi everyone, im just trying to get the first of my lessons etc sorted out for the next few weeks coming, and my instructor has said something about an online theory test, now....im on the direct gov site and all i can find is the 2 practice theory tests for motorcycles.......im sure she said if i paid about 7quid then i can practice as much as i can, is this what shes on about do you think?? Or is there something else that ive missed? iv just bought a dvd for the hazard perceptions of ebay, so looking forward to that turning up this week

Update Reply
Gillya666 @ 20/02/2011 19:25  

The issue with theory tests Gilly is that you get asked 50 random questions out of a possible 500 or so ... that's a lot of practising you would need to do to know what the questions are.

Having done it I would say just brush up on your highway code.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/02/2011 20:03  

is it true that potentially I won't need to do a theory test as I have a full driving licence? even though I haven't driven for 10 years

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 20/02/2011 20:06  

I think there are a few sites that do an online theory test. But there isn't one on the DSA site

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 20/02/2011 20:06  

HRC .. I passed my driving test when I was 20 ... & at 40 went for my CBT & to do my bike test ... as its a new category of vehicle you have to do the theory

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/02/2011 20:12  

aha, that's good to know
still got to get my CBT first so will be a while yet

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 20/02/2011 20:39  

I should wait and see as the test will be changing in 2012. At least the practical will.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 20/02/2011 20:49  

I have been driving a car since my late teens and did my CBT last year....sorry to say, we do still need to do the theory test....but in saying that, I must admit re-reading the highway code has been a very good giggle. Gilly that was the only site I could find.....if anyone out there could help with any others, it would be most helpful

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2011 20:55  

Yeah thanks guys, i thought she meant if you paid a fee you can acsess some questions do test yourself, rather than the 2 same tests...... oh well i'll keep on practising those 2 then, im getting to know them of by heart now though....need some different Qs to answer lol Changing the subject a little bit, see some of you guys at cat n fiddle hopefully then

Update Reply
Gillya666 @ 21/02/2011 07:28  

Hi Gilly gonna be doing my theory test soon and I'm practising like mad, Got a dvd off e-bay it was about £7 Good luck with yours

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2011 22:39  

Yey good luck to ya girly....... i have managed to pick a dvd up off e-bay for a fiver lol....so its practice practice practice for me now

Update Reply
Gillya666 @ 25/02/2011 21:15  

Go down Asda gillya and buy the latest theory test dvd. It'll be about 7 quid as well and covers the whole of the theory test including the hazard perception nonesense. Just load it on the pc and rinse and repeat, you'll soon be ready for the live theory test.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 25/02/2011 21:41  

Oh yeah, Gilly, you don't have to do the theory test until after your CBT. You just need to do it before your full test(s).

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 25/02/2011 21:46  

Yeah thanks for that, will check out my nearest asda cheers

Update Reply
Gillya666 @ 27/02/2011 07:27  

i dont think its as bad as tehy make out ... the theory especially if you have been on road already for years whether driving car or what.... i did mine on a monday morning wiht a hangover (i hd forgotten i had the test till i got to work and there was the reminder on me calender ) anyhow i thought i might as well do it coz to cancel would have cost me that late stage... anyhow i passed no problem... maybe helped i just thgouth feck it so was more relaxed who knows!! good luck tho chick and im sure you will be fine - the hazard one is common sense really... if you see a hazard click the mouse...same as you would be wary and notice hazards when you are riding... the tricky part i found was multiple choice on some i think ... one about road line markings and one hilarious one about if its raining would you a) get off bike and dry brakes with a cloth () b) ride as fast as you can braking sharply to get rid of moisture () or c) proceed with care braking gently... Or something along those lines teeheeheehee

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/02/2011 20:03  

Hi Suzi, yeah its all common sense lol....I just need to scrub up on how it all works and basically have a revise you know.... Im going to call my instructor and get those lessons booked..... xx

Update Reply
Gillya666 @ 28/02/2011 13:30  

http://www.all4bikers.com/theory/

Took me a while to find it but this is the site I used you can do as many tests as you want and the questions change so you could get a lot of practice

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/02/2011 18:38  

Aww Shell you are a Cheers buddy xx I will let you know how i get on lol

Update Reply
Gillya666 @ 05/03/2011 08:06  

No probs hon just glad I could find it.

You will have to let us know how you get on :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/03/2011 05:55  

On any multiple test the best way if you are unsure is to read the qustion then look for the wrong answer then your left with the right answer

Update Reply
JP @ 07/03/2011 06:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email