MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

no young bikers

no young bikers (3) - Forums [Biker Match] no young bikers (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

no young bikers

I hope that they are as that is what the members (I think) want from them and the generally biking community. But looking on the outside, it's hard to see what has been achieved by them, pot holes are increasing (I know there is less money due to cuts but pot holes surely must be a priority), bikers got kicked out of bus lanes (in part of london), the EU still forced in the ridiculous part one test for bikes (yet cars still have the same old test and no two parts to that), so I guess it's just hard to see if they have done anything, at least in the last few years.

Saying that, im sure they do manage to do some good things and stop other stuff happening.

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 26/02/2011 00:39  

Dunno mate,aint a member,would they not advertise the fact if they had stopped something? Advertising,big thing that,with all the media forms available,the petrol price lobby managed alright on facebook,must have a looksy if mag is on it.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 26/02/2011 00:47  

Aye, so they are

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 26/02/2011 00:50  

i hear u ace u have some very good points a lot of bikers do look down on 125 cc but a lot of them did not start of on them till the law changed and as u must now the bike breed are a stubben lot at the best of times but i would like to say i rode a 125cc for a year befor moveing on to a bigger bike and i will always nod to 2 wheel riders and trikes but not scooters as they are hair dryers and most of them kids acting stupid. but i rode with the wold bikers up my way and they stayed with me so there are people out there

Update Reply
shadowguyver @ 27/02/2011 14:16  

Glad you se where Im coming from Shadow, but you are like me, started on a 125, though many of the older one's still started on small bikes, the 250 which although more powerful, back then I wonder if they would have the same power as 125's now have.

But as you say, they are a stubborn lot but then do they want new bikers to keep the biker life going or be put off due to the stubbornness and unwillingness to except new riders?! Something to think about.

Still like you I will also nod to any of the two wheelers as no matter what we ride we are all lovers of the bikes, even the scooters to a degree (remember, even the scooter riders may someday become bikers). Tho I do have to say the young young scooter riders do not seem to nod so im bothering less with them these days.

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 27/02/2011 22:19  

Dont think its stubborness,lifestyles have changed along the way,I started it was longhair black leather and jeans,drink to xess as soon as you couldG5 Honda's Kwaker triples Suzi gt 250,older Brit bikes. Peoples attitudes are different to loads of stuff,healthier living etc,things change over the years. Born agains or older folk with a healthy bank account fancies getting a Harley as a toy,you wanna see the looks I get if I go to an 'Authorised' dealer with my Evo,and theyre all there with the newest twincam or v-rod getting trinkets 'wrenched'on for them,its like the black death has just walked into their shop.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 27/02/2011 22:44  

True, lifestyles have changed. But i do think there is a hell of a lot of stubbornness there, we as bikers needed it too. So i don't think it's so much a bad thing to be stubborn, just not stubborn to the point of pushing out new blood.

Ah to have a nice healthy big bank account would be nice lol though i don't think I would want the newest bikes tbh, the older ones i think are nicer, more character, etc. Though I do still want a VFR800 :P

Im guessing you fit all your stuff to your bike yourself? You keep going and walk in head up and smile :P I would hehe

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 27/02/2011 22:53  

I do mate ,Love owt like that! Muwahahaa

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 27/02/2011 23:04  

:D excellent

Im going to make sure i learn to do all my own stuff as well...

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 27/02/2011 23:14  

So basically attitudes aint just concentrated on the young uns Ace ya know, If ya enjoy it and want to know about it its all part of it,yes? Saves 60 quid an hour labour aswell mate What a ripoff.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 27/02/2011 23:23  

Im with you on that one, and yeah where you can save on labour you can buy something else instead :D

Your right, its not always the young ones... only see it from a younger persons prespective

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 28/02/2011 00:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email