MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch to sponsor MCN 'Biker Friendly'

BikerMatch to sponsor MCN 'Biker Friendly' - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch to sponsor MCN 'Biker Friendly' - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch to sponsor MCN 'Biker Friendly'

MCN will be running their yearly "Biker Friendly" pages between March and the end of August this year. This section lists all the biker friendly pubs, hotels, etc around the UK. Given that BikerMatch has become so well known for the friendly atmosphere and generally highly-active community, MCN have approached me to ask if we want to be the official sponsor of this new section throughout the summer. Of course I've jumped at the chance, so you'll be seeing a lot more of BM in the mags and MCN this summer. I promise you - 2011 is going to be HUGE! So anyone who's thinking of unsubscribing should seriously wait and see what summer has in store.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/02/2011 16:09  

Should i get my hair done Boss Man ????

Well done

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/02/2011 16:11  

full page advert in performance bikes this month again also. Gonna blast the biking scene this summer and get the site really active - more events than you can imagine too. Gotta get more people paying though, has to be enough coming in to pay for all the ads etc. Going to run more ads on Facebook too cos that worked quite well last year.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/02/2011 17:54  

Well if your trying to get more events in you will have to try and tempt folk away from the big rallys as thay take up half the weekends or make the summer longer

Update Reply
JP @ 14/02/2011 17:59  

Well done Matt, nice grab!

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 15/02/2011 18:32  

Nice one Matt

I agree with JP tho we need to do more than just the rallies I know as I have said earlier Ian and I will be doing less rallies and more rides out this year

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/02/2011 04:27  

Trouble is shell some have been going for years and won't want to stop it's a bit of a tradition to them and a day out isn't the answer so any ideas?

Update Reply
JP @ 16/02/2011 06:48  

it's up to the events team and members of BM to decide what they wanna do. I think lots of little events like ride outs, BBQs, pub meets etc. They also really help strengthen and build the community I think It's up to you folks though. I'll give you the tools to arrange it but you guys need to figure out what you want.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/02/2011 14:01  

Have a few ideas in the pipeline......NE !! watch this space

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 16/02/2011 14:32  

Refreshing this topic for those who haven't seen it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/03/2011 10:30  

its in the paper this week, but i dont like the design. I've changed it a bit for next month.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/03/2011 08:57  

I agree Matt, little events such as ride outs/meets are often more attractive than rallys.

Also, there are a lot of members who's idea of an enjoyable weekend on the bike is not sitting in a muddy field getting drunk lol!! As such, I think weekend tours around Wales/Scotland/the Lakes/Devon etc stopping in B&Bs/cheap hotels could be worthwhile.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/03/2011 09:43  

Great news Matt And ditto Geoff.... sometimes folk have weekend commitments and find it difficult to get away, so get togethers for an hour or two are easier to accommodate and not so daunting for a first meet.

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 05/03/2011 10:02  

In the early days of BM the active members always used to arrange one-day gatherings, then as the members got to know each other the weekender events took over. Which is excellent. It's good that the one-day gatherings haven't been completely overlooked tho, it's a good way for newbies to introduce themselves without feeling thrown in at the deep end. Once the BikerMatch clothing shop is introduced maybe more members will be wearing the clothes so newbies can see at a glance who is a fellow member.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/03/2011 10:12  

totally agree Geoff, I'm 26 and can't do the camping thing now cos of a hernia in my back. God knows what bikers double my age are going through. Either way I'd prefer weekends around hotels in Scotland or Wales etc.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/03/2011 10:24  

26 .... you want to nip his little cheek don't ya and say things like "Haven't you grown!" lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 05/03/2011 11:46  

lmao @ geoff Most of my mates like the rallies, they go off in their groups most weekends and have been doing for years, personally I love rides out more and I agree with BB that short get togethers are not so daunting for a first meet... ps, well done on getting the sponsorship Matt and everyone else involved with BM

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 05/03/2011 12:16  

Well there are enough of us up in Scotland to organise a two or three day run from around the south west of Scotland up through glance fort William, see glen Finland (gathering O the clans site) maybe stop at Fort bill climb Nevis, up the north side of Loch Ness to Inverness.
Two options down the main route south through Aviemore past Perth to Edinburgh then people can either head back to the SW via Glasgow or south over the border over the national park on the coldstream road. It's a good route easily covered over a couple of days ....

If it wasn't for the uncertainty of my leave times I would organise it, the route is easy got it already, just nail down the stopping points there are more than a few places with both camping and hard accompanies for use poorly back individuals Matt ;-) we just likeour comforts lol..... but I'm sure between us Yeti it would be no problem if I can tie it in to my leave dates later in the year I'll do it myself

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/03/2011 14:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email