MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Driving Licence Scam

Driving Licence Scam - Forums [Biker Match] Driving Licence Scam - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Driving Licence Scam

FYI

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_194193

Update Reply
marsey @ 02/02/2011 10:59  

This is what's in the link: Watch out for emails claiming to be from DVLA asking you to verify your driving licence details via an online link – it's a scam. DVLA has not sent any such email, so if you get one delete it immediately. Scam phishing email
The email appears to be an attempt to trick drivers into providing personal details.

If you get the email below, do not respond to it and delete it immediately.

Subject: Update Your License Details

We are currrently upgrading our database and all drivers are required to update and verify there driver's license details.To complete your license verification with us, you are required to fill out the form in the link below.

{Fake link}

Drivers that refuses to upgrade his or her details within two weeks of receiving this verification email will lose his or her driver's License and will have to take a fresh driving test.

We sincerely apologise for any inconviniences this might have caused you.

Thank you for your co-operation.

(c) Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency Swansea SA6 7JL
Thanks for the heads up Marsey

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2011 11:08  

I keep getting emails from HSBC and Lloyds banks to say a third party has tried to access my account, Well let them go ahead because I have never used either of those banks

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 02/02/2011 11:23  

ha ha, I wish them luck, I've never had an account with them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2011 11:28  

I just wish these scammers would learn to spell !!!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 02/02/2011 11:49  

Never understood why these scams get away as soon as there known why don't the likes of micosoft etc just bombard then with viruses to shut down there systems

Update Reply
JP @ 02/02/2011 12:06  

Best rule of thumb is that if an e-mail addresses you by name, 'Dear Mr John Smith', then it's probably genuine. If it addresses you as something like 'Dear HSBC customer' then it's a scam. Just keep your brain in gear at all times.

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/02/2011 13:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email