MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss - Forums [Biker Match] yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

seen this http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/31012011/36/19p-litre-petrol-d...ent-0.html i hope this comes off and all engines can run on it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/02/2011 00:42  

Me too. Good luck to them !

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 01/02/2011 01:31  

And then the tax man will think that's not fair to the petrol companies, so he levels the playing fields and hikes the tax up on it. Or am I just cynical

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 01/02/2011 06:50  

Well your not the only one it seems Wheely

AA president Edmund King commented: 'The fact the hydrogen is cheaper now doesn't mean it always will be because the Government would soon get its hands on it and increase the tax.'

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/02/2011 09:11  

Ed King has a point! Just look at the government and the use of cooking oil in diesels!

Even if you get the oil for free, as many do, secondhand from chip shops etc who would otherwise have to pay to dispose of it, to be legal on the road you still have to pay duty on the fuel you use.

In Germany the government offer tax incentives for people who use fuel made from rape seed as it's considered highly sustainable. It's no wonder therefore that Mercedes and Volkswagon engines are apparently the most cooking oil tolerant of all diesels!

Nothing like that here. Over here you have to pay the same duty as a sulphur free diesel, currently about 59p a litre. Saying that, when diesel is around £1.30 a litre (around here), that's still a saving of 80p/litre.

Hmm ... wonder what 195bhp twin turbo Saabs are like with it???

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 01/02/2011 13:04  

Not quite right there Geoff, you are allowed to use up to 2,600 liters before you become liable. That's if you can get a supply of it at all. But you must keep detailed records of what you use.
Incidentally there isn't that much difference between the price of veg oil and diesel these days. I looked into it for my land rover but when I factored in the cost of a journey to fill up it was more expensive.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 01/02/2011 14:15  

well they reckon the goverment will stick 60p on it so making it 79 p a litre more people will drive a little more too so they will still be getting a load of tax and no shit in the air good deal allround i say

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/02/2011 15:23  

The only current way to produce lots of hydrogen to run lots of vehicles is by burning fossil fuels to produce hydrogen, and water as a by product. Otherwise hydrolysis of water to seperate the hydrogen requires lots of electricity, that is again produced mainly from fossil or nuclear fuels.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 01/02/2011 17:03  

...........find cheap alternative but dont tell anyone else...what the government dont know they cant tax you on.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 01/02/2011 17:04  

To right KG remember how cheap lpg was untill there were a few cars on the road then thay stick tax on like thay did with diesil, has any one noticed how much heating fuel / gas oil / cooking oil / in fact anything that a diesil engine will run on has gone up in the last 2years

Update Reply
JP @ 01/02/2011 17:21  

As soon as the Gov get involved it will turn to sh1t. Now that's a thought

Update Reply
yamahama @ 01/02/2011 18:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email