MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Hair Gloves

Hair Gloves - Forums [Biker Match] Hair Gloves - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Hair Gloves

If you don't know what they are, check out http://www.salonweb.com/hairglove For those of us with long hair, they are a fab accessory and protect against hair matting and helmet hair

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/01/2011 13:00  

Why thank you, kind lady Almost worth growing my hair for...and definitely NOT a purple hair-net!!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 09/01/2011 13:02  

No, not a purple hair net Alice. Mine is black leather embossed with pink and purple butterflies. Now that shouldn't surprise anyone would it!!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/01/2011 13:22  

Trish ... got to say ... they are soooooo cute ... I want one now :)
erm .. will leave the pink to you though huni .. you def suit it ;)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 09/01/2011 13:25  

lol @ trish and a dont think your kidding

Update Reply
madhat @ 09/01/2011 15:04  

They've been around for years, you can buy them at a lot of leather accessory shops, I got one made for me by a mate who did leather work, with a Celtic design stamped on it. This was the days when my hair was long, not too long in the past, but it was much much longer, I think there's probably only Sandi and Kaycat on here who can remember it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2011 16:19  

oh thats cool - wish id had one of them when i had long hair would have saved lots of screaming trying to drag a comb thru! not really a problem now!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/01/2011 16:31  

I guess it's like a lot of things Shadow, unless someone tells you about stuff....then you just don't know. I was told about them a couple of months ago and promptly forgot until the ride out last weekend and wished that I had remembered

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/01/2011 16:50  

You can get the at most horse shops trish

Update Reply
JP @ 09/01/2011 16:54  

Do they do them to cover men's chest and backs?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/01/2011 16:59  

I guess it's up to you guys to use your imaginations

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/01/2011 17:01  

I've started to see the advantage of my hair getting matted after it's been dangling from my helmet. It makes it look thicker than it actually is which in turn makes me look younger than the 137 years old I do.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 09/01/2011 17:34  

Geoff you can get one for furry blokes...... its called a jacket! tuck it all in at the neck cuffs and waist and that should sort it out!

Update Reply
julie j @ 09/01/2011 18:34  

I've seen these before, they weren't called hair gloves tho, I can't recall what they were called, but they are a good idea for folk with long hair. Not sure how they prevent helmet hair tho I noticed the website is American, which makes me ask do these hair 'gloves' work in wet weather, which the U K gets a lot of?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/01/2011 09:12  

hmmm then the dye probably leaks and turns blond locks grey! lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 10/01/2011 20:21  

I have one ....and they are fab .... you put it on and when you get where you wanna go if you take it off its just like you just did your hair

Update Reply
jabecs @ 10/01/2011 20:36  

"hmmm then the dye probably leaks and turns blond locks grey! lol "
hey kwakgirl, i wonder if this is why (after cuting the aformentioned long hair) my hair is now grey? it`s all becoming clear. i`ts not because i`m old after all!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 10/01/2011 21:03  

and julie ? does this mean ANYBODY wearing a jacket is hairy? ( i just checked, it does work)

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 10/01/2011 21:05  

I have been using hairgloves on the bike for years. I have a neoprene one for the UK weather. And a selection of leather ones for fair weather and posh do's.

There is a UK website for them.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/01/2011 21:34  

These sound a great idea - will investigate further, might try our local horsey shops - I'm amazed I've never seen these at rallies - thanks Trish

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 15/02/2011 14:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email