MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

blood-letting

blood-letting - Forums [Biker Match] blood-letting - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

blood-letting

I've just got back from donating blood at my local, figure as long as I'm giving it, I may never need any back, but was just curious, how many of you guys are donors, have thought about it but never gotten round toit, and how many are just too scared?

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 09/11/2010 16:12  

is it right that there is a minimum weight you have to be before you can give blood?

Update Reply
julie j @ 09/11/2010 19:00  

Don't think so as long as you're a reasonable weight for your height.
Given blood loadsa times and thanks for reminding me, I'm due another session about now.

Update Reply
Wills @ 09/11/2010 19:12  

I do..... notreally enjopyable ..but go fr the bikkies and tea afters lol !

Update Reply
kazninja @ 09/11/2010 19:19  

ive been giving blood for years and if i forget they remind me coz im 0 neg lol

Update Reply
dunans @ 09/11/2010 19:27  

minium weight is I think 60 kilos, but it's well worth it, and the bikkies are good too

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 09/11/2010 19:29  

Ha same as me Duns..... !!!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 09/11/2010 19:30  

I'm too scared , I really wish I could, but I hate needles! They can anything of any use from me when I'm dead though!

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 09/11/2010 19:31  

Went to give some once but they can't use it. I take daily tablets for arthritis and also thyroxin, and any recipient may have a reaction against it.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 09/11/2010 19:33  

I gave blood once and had a bad reaction - skin closed up but vein was still bleeding!!! Ended up with blood under skin half way up upper arm and half way down lower arm - not nice!!!

Update Reply
FibroWarrior @ 09/11/2010 19:52  

Hey raptor - I take that thyroxin stuff too (i think that's its name anyhow)... so that's a great excuse for me not to give blood, besides the fact i have a terrible phobia and always pass out like a little girl lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/11/2010 19:55  

A pint ...that's an armfull

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 09/11/2010 19:59  

only weigh 57kilos so i may have to see if they take half measures!

Update Reply
julie j @ 09/11/2010 20:27  

tony hancock - the blood donor! lol HANCOCK'S ACT OF PATRIOTISM HANCOCK: I've been thinking about this for a long time. Something for the benefit of the country as a whole. What should it be, I thought: become a blood donor or join the Young Conservatives? Anyway, as I'm not looking for a wife and I can't play table tennis, here I am. HANCOCK ON SUPERIOR BRITISH BLOOD NURSE: Mr. Hancock, when a blood transfusion is being given the family background is of no consequence. HANCOCK: Oh, come now, surely you don't expect me to believe that? After all, east is east ..... NURSE: And blood is blood all over the world, Mr. Hancock. It is classified by groups and not by accidents of birth. HANCOCK: I did not come here for a lecture on Communism, young lady! HANCOCK'S BLOOD GROUP DOCTOR McTAGGART: You're AB negative. HANCOCK: Is that bad? DOCTOR McTAGGART: Oh no - you're rhesus positive. HANCOCK: Rhesus?! They're monkeys, aren't they? How dare you! What are you implying? I didn't come here to be insulted by a legalised vampire!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/11/2010 20:53  

Been giving for years, first time I gave some was after the hospital called our police station and asked for anyone to come and give, they had a bloke in ICU who needed it real bad, so about 20 of us went up, and it was a case of queueing up to get done, as soon as one was done his blood went into the patient, unfortunately he was loosing so much internally that they couldn't get it in quick enough and he died within the hour, but we tried. I carried on after that in the hope that if I ever needed any the same help would be there for me.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 09/11/2010 21:13  

I'm sure i read that the most injured bloke in the tube bombings had 87 pints

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 09/11/2010 21:34  

Hey kwakgirl it was Hancock I was quoting about it being an armful I guess you knew that

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 09/11/2010 21:36  

You need to be between 17 and 65 years old and weigh at least
7st 12lb thats about 50kg to give blood.

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 09/11/2010 21:48  

Hey kwakgirl it was Hancock I was quoting about it being an armful I guess you knew that Yeah im obviously as old as you! lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/11/2010 22:08  

They don't want mine either, I received some in the early 80s, they don't want to run the risk that I may have BSE....

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 10/11/2010 00:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email